City Vs Sunderland Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
fredmont said:
If we take our chances we will win. If we had taken our chances against Chelsea we would have won.

It would help if Silva didn't turn into a bumbling wreck in front of goal and Dzeko stopped trying to put his foot through the ball at every opportunity.

A bit more imagination at corners is a necessity.

Couldn't agree more. 14 corners against Norwich and only 1 cleared the first defender. Get lescott back in against Sunderland

I have this ancient thought honed over the last six decades that if we win on Wednesday they are gonna have one fuckin' shot on goal in the Final and beat us 1-0.

Have I misread the runes? Are we gonna get back to free-scoring ways and then jettison the taste of the PieEaters last May?

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
I have this ancient thought honed over the last six decades that if we win on Wednesday they are gonna have one fuckin' shot on goal in the Final and beat us 1-0.

Have I misread the runes? Are we gonna get back to free-scoring ways and then jettison the taste of the PieEaters last May?

Interesting thoughts Dave........................I do not wish to be called a smart arse but I was wondering if any team has "failed" consecutively in the 2 domestic cup finals. My thoughts are;
1;) City to lose to Sunderland in Capital One cup final.........following loss to Wigan last May.

2;) Martinez -to become 1st manager? - to win FA cup in consecutive seasons with different clubs- Wigan and Everton.

Hate .the1st to happen

this should be a home banker.

what we cannot afford though is a similar performance to the one we had against wigan a few weeks before the fa cup final last season, i thought we gave them the confidence to perform against us in the final that day.

we need to knock the stuffing out of sunderland in this game going into that cup final.

Midfield options look worrying if Yaya is banned.

BLUEMATT23 said:
Midfield options look worrying if Yaya is banned.
time for rodwell to step up imo....This is his chance to impress.....big job on pelles plate to get confidence back in absence of our key players

fredmont said:
If we take our chances we will win. If we had taken our chances against Chelsea we would have won.

It would help if Silva didn't turn into a bumbling wreck in front of goal and Dzeko stopped trying to put his foot through the ball at every opportunity.

A bit more imagination at corners is a necessity.

Bang on!! Which is why I was angry when Pellegrini took off Jovetic & Negredo at Norwich

BosnianSuperSnake said:
We need it! Going to be tough but I say 2-1

Think we need an early goal to settle everyone down - nothing less than wins needed to keep the pressure on Chelsea. They have an easier run in and are favorites now .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.