City Vs Sunderland Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we have a goal fest please restore some confidence back in the players and faith in the fans!!

Marvin said:
kupest said:
Brendan110_0 said:
Why play a weakened team vs Chelsea? Surely it's better to beat those cnut's (dent their growing confidence) and go into the Barca game on the back of a win.

Because we have a late kick off on the 12th and then play on the 15th against Chelsea and then on the 18th against Barca. If we don't give a shit about the FA we could just have a 5 day rest between the league game and the CL game. I think both Mou and Pelle will field weaker teams, however the Chelsea 2nd team isn't really weak.
Chelsea's Champions League tie is a week later than ours.

We need to focus on Sunderland first.

Yes it is but Maureen is still going to play his subs because they are internationals and will have to give them game time to make them happy (the likes of Cole, Schrulle, Ba, Lampard will start I guess as well, Salah).

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
6one said:
Sunderland guess:
Hart
Zabaleta Demichelis Kompany Clichy
Navas Yaya Milner Silva
Dzeko Jovetic

Chelsea guess:
Pantilimon
Richards Demichelis Lescott Kolarov
Navas Milner Garcia Lopes
Dzeko Jovetic

Barca guess:
Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Demichelis Clichy
Silva Yaya Garcia Fernandinho Nasri
Aguero

I think Nasri back for Barca is optimistic.

If Garcia is fit I would play him over Milner v Sunderland.

That side v Chelsea doesn't look strong enough to beat them but needs must I suppose.

Pellegrini said he won't be back until the weekend. He also said that Nasri will be back next weekend, but don't think he'll play him till Barca.

It's fernandinho that's the biggest doubt for Barca.

davymcfc said:
Must win game. No two ways about it.

At this stage of the season every game is a "must win" game especially if we want to be in the top 3 at the season's end.
Sadly the reality is that without all our key players available we can't convert all the "must wins" into wins.

If Ya Ya is banned it's another knock back to the strength of the team.
Suddenly winning the League Cup at Wembley attains the importance the Rags gave it a few seasons ago when they couldn't win anything else.
CTID

IF Yaya is banned how about playing VK in midfield and playing Demi & Lescott in defence?.

Its Sunderland at home who are near the bottom of the because they are crap and why are we making Wes Brown out to be some sort of world beater - ffs getting chuffed because Wes Brown is not playing, we are better than that (I hope...)

Should be best team for Sunderland, Chelsea and Barcelona at this stage of the season if any one is "tired" then I just really don't know anymore. You could argue that if choices have to be made then the stronger team should play against Chelsea as we would then have a realistic chance of winning the FA cup as a pose to the CL.

Time for Pellers to show his worth and get the team playing again we have seen a week can be a long time in football, beat Sunderland and Chelsea and everything will look good again, no expectation for Barcelona other than keeping it respectable.

crmcfc said:
Its Sunderland at home who are near the bottom of the because they are crap and why are we making Wes Brown out to be some sort of world beater - ffs getting chuffed because Wes Brown is not playing, we are better than that (I hope...)

Should be best team for Sunderland, Chelsea and Barcelona at this stage of the season if any one is "tired" then I just really don't know anymore. You could argue that if choices have to be made then the stronger team should play against Chelsea as we would then have a realistic chance of winning the FA cup as a pose to the CL.

Time for Pellers to show his worth and get the team playing again we have seen a week can be a long time in football, beat Sunderland and Chelsea and everything will look good again, no expectation for Barcelona other than keeping it respectable.

To be honest I agree they are crap but they have become our bogey side due to beating us each of the last 4 seasons.
Sometimes I wonder whether this sort of mentality and mind-set gets into our players.

Most sides that come to City are beaten before they step on to the pitch, but Sunderland know they can get something out of it

This is a huge game for them. Lose and they will be back in the relegation zone.

Confident City will win though.

If we take our chances we will win. If we had taken our chances against Chelsea we would have won.

It would help if Silva didn't turn into a bumbling wreck in front of goal and Dzeko stopped trying to put his foot through the ball at every opportunity.

A bit more imagination at corners is a necessity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.