City Vs Sunderland Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will see 11 sunderland players in their own half 90% of the match and play on the counter attack , we will probably have the majority of possession but the question is can we find a way through the crowded sunderland half and create enough clear chances to score, I would like to see lescott with vinnie at cb, move MDM to defensive midfield with milner , and have silva , toure and navas as attacking mids with the beast up front, leaving jovetic and dzeko as options if we need to go gung - ho.

1v0 win would be great, doesn't matter how but we really need 3 points to get the season back on track, feels like our progress has been derailed. We dropped a bollock not strengthening central midfield and centre half in January

Stoned Rose said:
We have to go with the best available team for Sunderland at home.

Play a weakened team v Chelsea.

Play the best 11 v barca.

Why play a weakened team vs Chelsea? Surely it's better to beat those cnut's (dent their growing confidence) and go into the Barca game on the back of a win.

Brendan110_0 said:
Stoned Rose said:

Why play a weakened team vs Chelsea? Surely it's better to beat those cnut's (dent their growing confidence) and go into the Barca game on the back of a win.

Because we have a late kick off on the 12th and then play on the 15th against Chelsea and then on the 18th against Barca. If we don't give a shit about the FA we could just have a 5 day rest between the league game and the CL game. I think both Mou and Pelle will field weaker teams, however the Chelsea 2nd team isn't really weak.

The weakened team scenario for any of our upcoming games is over we need a kick up the arse nobody broke a fuckin sweat yesterday they've had their rest then ! inept,lacking invention,effort,players ambling around as if it was a training ground tap around i'm sick of defending some of them, they're good players and way above showing what we witnessed yesterday IT WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH.Time to get tough Pellers no more Mr nice guy !

I would play Toure further forward and Rodwell and Milner holding with silva jovetic and negredo/dzeko up front for Chelsea and Sunderland, and controversially would drop Toure for Barca cos there's no way we can carry him when he doesn't have the ball against such good teams

kupest said:
Brendan110_0 said:
Stoned Rose said:

Because we have a late kick off on the 12th and then play on the 15th against Chelsea and then on the 18th against Barca. If we don't give a shit about the FA we could just have a 5 day rest between the league game and the CL game. I think both Mou and Pelle will field weaker teams, however the Chelsea 2nd team isn't really weak.
Chelsea's Champions League tie is a week later than ours.

We need to focus on Sunderland first.

Blue Shield said:
I would play Toure further forward and Rodwell and Milner holding with silva jovetic and negredo/dzeko up front for Chelsea and Sunderland, and controversially would drop Toure for Barca cos there's no way we can carry him when he doesn't have the ball against such good teams
Lets say Fernaninho isn't fit for Barca , who would you drop Yaya for ?

Demichelis, Garcia, Fernandinho, Zabaleta can play defensive midfield. Not sure Milner is best suited to that role although I am sure he could do it

NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
1v0 win would be great, doesn't matter how but we really need 3 points to get the season back on track, feels like our progress has been derailed. We dropped a bollock not strengthening central midfield and centre half in January

NES - I think we all know that the club knew this but I for one am glad that we didn't just pay Porto a kings ransom for 2 players that may or may not have settled in straight away. At the beginning of this season they addressed some weak areas and we all know they will do that again. The days of us offering 50% over the market value of players is at an end and only Messi would be worth the punt as he would raise the clubs profile and generate so much income from commercial activities. Like you say a win is vital on Wednesday and I think we will get a great result. The last two games are a blip - you know it is when you see even Zabba giving the ball away under no pressure. The players have not become bad over two games and we will see a reaction this week, after which Sergio,Nasri and Fernandinho will be closer to helping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.