City vs Swans Post Match Thread

ashley fucking young !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pmsl
very funny mate

The WBA sending off

KippaxCitizen said:
It's none of the following things:
Serious foul play
Violent conduct
Spitting at an opponent or any other person
Denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
Denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick
Using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
Receiving a second caution in the same match

It was a booking. No way was it a serious foul or dangerous. He just jumped in the air to block the ball and his feet landed straight down on he floor.

It's serious foul play. Quoting the rest is pointless. If you cut and paste from the laws, at least cut and paste the relevant bits:

A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play.

A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Advantage should not be applied in situations involving serious foul play unless there is a clear subsequent opportunity to score a goal. The referee must send off the player guilty of serious foul play when the ball is next out of play.

ManCityX said:
asgoodasitgets said:
ManCityX said:
. Even someone like Ashley Young is better than him.
And that bit there, is where the credibility in your reasoning and your post tells me you're either drunk , have learning disabilities or are still in primary school.

The stats would suggest that Young averages more goals and assists a season.

Navas isn't good enough. It's hardly an outlandish opinion.

Maybe not mate, but this is:

"I honestly think he'd struggle to get into nearly every side in the division".

Was impressed with Dyer and young Carroll in the first half.

Most times I see Swansea on MOTD, Dyer is at the middle of everything, yet Woy won't even give him a look in.

Deserves a call-up for me. I know they are different positions, but if we can bring the likes of Carrick back after just a few minutes gametime, then surely a consistent performer should walk into the team shouldn't he?

If you have a spare few mins read the first 10 pages of the matchday thread....some of the twats on there should hang their heads in shame. Saying that I suspect a fair few are of the red scum variety.

Good on Damocles and Mac for giving to the foamers though.....

Noticed a few posts in here this weekend regarding "The Atmosphere being shit"

As regulars we probably notice it more with a "nostalgic" view of what's happening at City, but for someone who's never attended a match they might be thinking the atmosphere is amazing.

I came across this picture:

[bigimg]http://i1.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article7574535.ece/alternates/s615/4392861.jpg[/bigimg]

And decided to count how many of us were using our phones.

I think this is the problem with many of us, and I'm including myself in this statement (even though I'll sing continuously throughout the game) we get distracted with those little devices in our pockets........ Even more so with this new City Matchday App.

Now you can imagine, 45,000 people in the stadium, everybody has a phone these days, we're going to be more engaged with the text message received than what the fans over in Block 111 are singing.

This is the problem, not just in our stadium, but across the whole country.

[bigimg]http://i42.tinypic.com/2ihv4eb.jpg[/bigimg]

How many phone users are in this picture?

cleavers said:
bluesoup said:
Sorry if posted but, did we find any footage for the aguero off the ball incident ?
No, and there probably isn't any as it was so far off the ball, and in any case Sky will have surgically removed any evidence by now.
It was Sky's match of the day and they showed a clip from a camera, which showed that area of the pitch. It was a far view but you could see the defender either punch or push Sergio. However they didn't focus in on the incident or pass much of a comment. Would have been different had it been one of ours. They did say, that Kompany was lucky not to get a red for his leaping challenge that lead to the cut on the Swansea player.

Here's my tactical analysis of the game. Great start for us and we finally got a goal at your place, but you dominated the remainder of the game and we couldn't hold on for a point, but it was pleasing for us that the 3 points never looked certain for you until the full time whistle.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.comeonyouswans.com/2014/11/25/match-analysis-manchester-city-2-1-swansea-city/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.comeonyouswans.com/2014/11/2 ... nsea-city/</a>

04_swansea_attacking_space.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.