City vs Swans Post Match Thread

BlueAnorak said:
One - his studs were only briefly showing (and Costa was a good foot and a half away at the time).
Two - the studs hit the ground before Costa arrived at the spot of the block foul.
Costa then ran into the wall that had been placed in front of him.
Yellow for the deliberate block but red? - come on.
Can't agree, its a shocking challenge, he wasn't in control of the tackle, and had no idea where Costa's leg(s) would be. Had it been a foul on one of our players, and not given a red, there would be (rightly) uproar on here about agenda's and bent referees. In any case I wasn't comparing it to any other challenge, so that's not really relevant to the discussion, other than in consistency terms, and we all know full well, there's none of that from game to game, ref to ref, or team to team (apart from us, who seem to consistently get f*ck all, and yet have everything given against us).

Best performance of the season by a country mile.

Some excellent passing and Nasri, Clichy, Demi and Fernandinho deserve special praise.

Understandably edgy in the final few minutes.

Would take Bony all day long, could be a wonderful foil for Aguero.

Perhaps plenty have failed to fully appreciate how great a team we have had the privilege of watching for last three years?

It was clearly at its peak. Whereas we were blowing teams away last season by four or five, the reality is that games will be a little tighter these days, but we still have enough in our locker.

We are desperate for some fresh blood on that left hand side but yesterday was a good start.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Some excellent passing and Nasri, Clichy, Demi and Fernandinho deserve special praise.

Perhaps plenty have failed to fully appreciate how great a team we have had the privilege of watching for last three years?

It was clearly at its peak. Whereas we were blowing teams away last season by four or five, the reality is that games will be a little tighter these days, but we still have enough in our locker.

We are desperate for some fresh blood on that left hand side but yesterday was a good start.
Great point about Bony. He would be the prefect Negredo replacement.

BlueAnorak said:
As to the ref not seeing the elbow - well I can see that, but the linesman in front of the East stand MUST have seen it. My view had the lino directly between myself and the incident. Although play was well to the right it really wasn't difficult to miss.
I confused!!
The linesman was in front of the CB not the East Stand. And while he was in line with Aguero and the elbowing goon he would have been looking down the line to see whether the ball was in or out of play as Swansea were attacking down that wing; he had no reason to be looking across the pitch unless judging offside if we hoofed it forward.

There was definitely improvement going forward but again, defensively we are shaky.

I'm not fully blaming the defence because the protection we get from the midfield two isn't good enough and it's nothing like last season, same with the wide men not tracking back enough leaving the full backs susceptible.

Going forward we were much better, especially Nasri, Jovetic & Yaya. Navas continues to frustrate me though, too often he drifts inside and roams about rather than staying wide and just taking on a man and putting a decent ball in. Although we don't get enough bodies in the box for him to be able to pick out a good ball at times.

At the moment we just need to keep winning to get something rolling.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

That post perfectly sums up my own view. Really impressed by Bony, who won the ball when he had no right to. Whereas Dzeko, for all his ability, fails to win balls he has every right to. Without Negredo we're missing that big strong target man that you often need to make up the perfect mix. We need to get a bid sorted for him.

Prestwich_Blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

That post perfectly sums up my own view. Really impressed by Bony, who won the ball when he had no right to. Whereas Dzeko, for all his ability, fails to win balls he has every right to. Without Negredo we're missing that big strong target man that you often need to make up the perfect mix. We need to get a bid sorted for him.

And the fucking ball sticks rather than randomly ballooning off in all directions! Until yesterday I'd forgotten what it was like to see a target man who could do that consistently.

1961_vintage said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

And the fucking ball sticks rather than randomly ballooning off in all directions! Until yesterday I'd forgotten what it was like to see a target man who could do that consistently.
A bit harsh on Edin, that. He really stepped up to the plate big time at the end of last season. However, there are times when he traps the ball further than I can kick it!

I like Swansea, they're like Norwich in the old days - play good football on the deck, look handy, get beat. Ideal.

By the way, I'd take Ki as well as Bony. Proper player, never gives the ball away, could get him for peanuts.

The disappointing aspect for me was that it took a couple of crude challenges by Swansea to really get us going.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.