City Vs Swansea Post Match Discussion Thread

It really is hard to pick a man of the match tonight as there could be about four, every player played well.

Full credit to Mancini and his coaching staff they got the team playing great and didn't go defensive when it would of been easy for them to.

compare 30 minutes of Silva and Ageuro to 1 season of Silva and Tevez. Tevez and Aguero are two of the best strikers in the world. One plays for his team; one plays for himself. Thanks for getting us here Carlos, now get the fuck out of here and lets go win some trophies.

Re: Clichy!!

Bilboblue said:
sorry maybe decent, but he got caught out 3 times in the first half rying to intercept, needs to work on his positioning.

I'd have played Kolarov in this game, but you can't knock Mancini, first 20 mins apart, we were sublime tonight.
You would have played Kolarov against Dyer? Even Clichy's speed was almost not enough!<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:13 am --<br /><br />
MCFC BOB said:
Hart: 7 - A spectator for the most part, but did well when called into action.

Richards: 7 - Shaky start but did well when the game progressed.

Kompany: 7 - Same as Richards.

Lescott: 8 - Same as Kompany & Richards.

Clichy: 8 - Already feels like he's part of the furniture. Good solid game.

de Jong: 7 - Not at his best, but did a good job.

Barry: 9 - Composed, calm, did the job.

Yaya Toure: 6 - What has happened to him?

Silva: 9 - Ran the show.

Dzeko: 8 - His best game in a blue shirt.

A. Johnson: 7 - Struggled through the game but looked dangerous around the box.

Aguero: 9 - Stole the show.

Savic: 6 - Did things right, did things wrong.

Milner: N/A.
Interesting! Lescott an 8, Clichy an 8, and Yaya a 6. In essence Yaya was the worst player on the pitch. AJ a 7. Hmmm!

Just a side note, Yaya was voted 4th best player in the game after Silva, Voom, and Aguero. But it is just all opinion I guess. But yours seems way off from the norm.

Everyone played well, and if I were to pick guys who played the least well, I'd probably go with Clichy and Lescott at 7.

Swansea didn't have much of an offense so clearly it was hard rating a defender on defensive stops, as their werent many, and Komps dealt with most at CD. Micah I thought was the better of the 2 FBs. showed as much speed hustle and tenacity as Clichy. Showed more power and fewer mistakes. Same for Komps and Lescott in the middle. Both made mistakes, but Komps fewer.

Best players will be SIlva, Barry, Yaya and Aguero. Everyone else was very good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.