City Vs Swansea Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fernandinho will be crucial in this. They keep passing and passing. Last weekend, they had more passes than us and spurs combined. We need players like Dinho and Zabaleta who can break down their play and Nasri, Navas and co. can hopefully run through their defense. Basically just a (very) poor man's Barcelona with guys like Shelvey. If you ask nicely enough, he'll pass the ball to you.

Injury update

Manchester City 5

J Rodwell Hamstring Injury 7th Dec 13
M Nastasić Knock 1st Dec 13
D Silva Calf/Shin Injury 7th Dec 13
S Jovetic Calf/Shin Injury 7th Dec 13
V Kompany Thigh Muscle Strain 1st Dec 13

Kompany and Nasty back would be nice

Swansea are a fairly ordinary team. Yes they try to keep possession, but they don't do that much with it. They win frequently against peers and lower ranked teams, but rarely threaten the major teams. United rolled them over away with ease on the first day. We need to avoid complacency - assuming we stay hungry, I see this being another comfortable win.

Then we go on the road and a crucial week begins ...<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:47 pm --<br /><br />Also, if Michu isn't playing (which based on reports seems to be the case), i can't see how they will have any firepower.

lasereyes said:
Swansea are a fairly ordinary team. Yes they try to keep possession, but they don't do that much with it. They win frequently against peers and lower ranked teams, but rarely threaten the major teams. United rolled them over away with ease on the first day. We need to avoid complacency - assuming we stay hungry, I see this being another comfortable win.

Then we go on the road and a crucial week begins ...

-- Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:47 pm --

Also, if Michu isn't playing (which based on reports seems to be the case), i can't see how they will have any firepower.
michu doesnt seem to have started training yet, so he'll miss, for me Swansea without him are ordinary, they just try to frustrate with possession without a cutting edge, same 1st eleven as against spurs and we'll score at least 4 again, can't see them having an answer to that

Don't want to urinate on the sliced potatoes but this City team are coming together nicely, reminds me of the mid sixties side.
You can never predict a score until you have seen the team, remember psycho and lesley!

aguero93:20 said:
lasereyes said:

Then we go on the road and a crucial week begins ...

-- Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:47 pm --

Also, if Michu isn't playing (which based on reports seems to be the case), i can't see how they will have any firepower.
michu doesnt seem to have started training yet, so he'll miss, for me Swansea without him are ordinary, they just try to frustrate with possession without a cutting edge, same 1st eleven as against spurs and we'll score at least 4 again, can't see them having an answer to that

He started training today actually, will be touch and go whether he plays or not, he's their best player so it will make a big difference, they've still got firepower and a finisher in Bony though.

if we get a couple of early goals , it will be a cricket score, swansea are ok whilst its a tight game , but their passing game will fall to pieces if they have to chase the game , half time 2-0 , full time 5-1 , or it could be a tight 1-0 or 2-1 , if we dont get an early goal .Would also like to see Joe back in goal , i think hes been taught his lesson , time to move on and get the best keeper in england back between the sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.