City Vs Tottenham Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mancity1 said:
GHoddle said:
I think if AVB picks the right team and we have some players returning to the team we can give you a good game. I just hope to god that we don't put Dawson in defense which I think we will. I would be more confident that Kaboul and Vertonghen could deal with your strikers. We'll need Rose back for that or else Vertonghen will play at left back. I also will be disappointed if we don't play Eriksen and Lamela but I can see AVB starting Sigurdsson and Holtby instead. Just hope I'm wrong.

You have got much more choice than us GHoddle.

No VK no Silva our two most important players so far this season and doubts on the fitness of Ferni where without him Yaya can't do the things yaya can with him.

We have been a tad lucky to beat you at home the last two times in the league although we deserved the wins both times.

It could go either way , we can't keep winning at home at some stage we will drop points but for our sake hopefully by then we will have solved our woes away form home.

4 points from 18 , its relegation form.

We've had some entertaining games in the last two seasons, It's hard to call how this game will go but I think it will probably be tight with not too many chances. If you're missing Kompany, Silva, and Fernandinho then I am definitely less worried than I would have been, but at the same time we are struggling at the moment so it will still be tough against the bigger teams. I would definitely take a draw in this one.

GHoddle said:
mancity1 said:
GHoddle said:
I think if AVB picks the right team and we have some players returning to the team we can give you a good game. I just hope to god that we don't put Dawson in defense which I think we will. I would be more confident that Kaboul and Vertonghen could deal with your strikers. We'll need Rose back for that or else Vertonghen will play at left back. I also will be disappointed if we don't play Eriksen and Lamela but I can see AVB starting Sigurdsson and Holtby instead. Just hope I'm wrong.

You have got much more choice than us GHoddle.

No VK no Silva our two most important players so far this season and doubts on the fitness of Ferni where without him Yaya can't do the things yaya can with him.

We have been a tad lucky to beat you at home the last two times in the league although we deserved the wins both times.

It could go either way , we can't keep winning at home at some stage we will drop points but for our sake hopefully by then we will have solved our woes away form home.

4 points from 18 , its relegation form.

We've had some entertaining games in the last two seasons, It's hard to call how this game will go but I think it will probably be tight with not too many chances. If you're missing Kompany, Silva, and Fernandinho then I am definitely less worried than I would have been, but at the same time we are struggling at the moment so it will still be tough against the bigger teams. I would definitely take a draw in this one.

I certainly wouldn't be happy with a draw even without the three mentioned above missing although by all reports Ferni will be available but coming off a three week break in the premiership and no international game he will be a slow starter for sure.

It could go either way , I can easily see us dropping our first home points.

I think it will be a comprehensive city win, city away is as tough as it gets in European football at the moment, don't think spurs have enough to cope, would be a huge result for them if they get anything , could kick start their season.

AwayDay said:
I think it will be a comprehensive city win, city away is as tough as it gets in European football at the moment, don't think spurs have enough to cope, would be a huge result for them if they get anything , could kick start their season.

The wildcard is Lloris. For my money the best keeper in the league. He'll take some beating.

NQCitizen said:
AwayDay said:

The wildcard is Lloris. For my money the best keeper in the league. He'll take some beating.

Yeh Lloris is one of the best keepers and definitely the best sweeper in the league, he is very important for spurs tactically, with their high line and pressing game, Newcastle caught them out because Friedal couldn't sweep behind the defence like Lloris....But, I cant see city not scoring, at home, so spurs will need to score and that's a big ask.

AwayDay said:
NQCitizen said:
AwayDay said:

Yeh Lloris is one of the best keepers and definitely the best sweeper in the league, he is very important for spurs tactically, with their high line and pressing game, Newcastle caught them out because Friedal couldn't sweep behind the defence like Lloris....But, I cant see city not scoring, at home, so spurs will need to score and that's a big ask.

I think we will probably score a goal, Our attack looked better against Newcastle in the 2nd half and usually we have more trouble scoring against teams that sit back than teams that attack us.

GHoddle said:
AwayDay said:
NQCitizen said:

I think we will probably score a goal, Our attack looked better against Newcastle in the 2nd half and usually we have more trouble scoring against teams that sit back than teams that attack us.
Yes, I am quite worried about this game. Spurs have the ideal set up to cause us problems. A solid defence, powerful midfield and Defoe who would give Demichelis a lot of problems as he is not that mobile from what I have seen.

Spurs problems seem to come when like City they are faced with a determined rearguard. We are OK if we have Silva the magician, but without him we got nowhere in 90 mins at Sunderland.

I'm expecting a tight game. I wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw, because after that we should get Hart, Kompany and Silva back, and that massively increases the defensive, and offensive power of the team, and adds to the confidence levels<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:29 pm --<br /><br />What has happened to Soldado? Not in the Spanish national squad for their friendlies

Thee forwards are Villa, Negredo, Llorente and Pedro

I was looking to see if Silva was in there - he isn't.

AwayDay said:
NQCitizen said:
AwayDay said:

I agree so completely. To the extent that if I could have any premiership player in the team it'd be him, absolutely made for Pellegrini's tactics.

AVBs signings for Spurs are perhaps the best of all the current managers.

NQCitizen said:
AwayDay said:
NQCitizen said:

I agree so completely. To the extent that if I could have any premiership player in the team it'd be him, absolutely made for Pellegrini's tactics.

AVBs signings for Spurs are perhaps the best of all the current managers.
Not sure about that. Some good players, but they already had Townsend who is phenomenal, and he should have known how good he was last season based on his performances for QPR. So why buy Lamela? And why buy Capoue and Paulinho when he already had Sandro, and Dembele? They have bought top players, but they all look very similar so they can be one dimensional

Eriksen sounded like a good buy, but he hasn't really clicked yet. And neither has Soldado, but I think that's more down to lack of service than ability. I'd still start Defoe over Soldado though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.