City Vs Tottenham Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CU-BLUE-Buff said:
It's funny how you English perceive sports, in the US if your team is 2 games (6 points) out of first you are happy. We are at the quarter-pole of the season and we are down 6 points, we can win the championship. Kompany will likely only miss one more game and Joe will get back to form. The gooners are playing well but we have 2 games against them, we can win at home and draw on the road. This is the first season I've really been into BPL and City (thanks to the US NBC TV contract!) and many of you may well know that 6 points at this point is insurmountable, but I'm optimistic. Our road woes will straighten up and we will win the title. Plus we are through the champions league group stage, so be happy, we are CITY, the greatest team in all the land and the title is ours to lose!

Welcome to bluemoon.

It's obvious your new to following City, all that optimism! Don't worry though 1 full season following them and this website will knock that out of you ;)

CU-BLUE-Buff said:
It's funny how you English perceive sports, in the US if your team is 2 games (6 points) out of first you are happy. We are at the quarter-pole of the season and we are down 6 points, we can win the championship. Kompany will likely only miss one more game and Joe will get back to form. The gooners are playing well but we have 2 games against them, we can win at home and draw on the road. This is the first season I've really been into BPL and City (thanks to the US NBC TV contract!) and many of you may well know that 6 points at this point is insurmountable, but I'm optimistic. Our road woes will straighten up and we will win the title. Plus we are through the champions league group stage, so be happy, we are CITY, the greatest team in all the land and the title is ours to lose!

That's a proper American post.

Welcome aboard.... you'll never leave. ;)

CU-BLUE-Buff said:
Agree with you

6 points would worry me in April - not now. Especially when we've played a lot better away from home than the results suggest. We've dropped points due to bad luck, and the combined effect of losing Hart and Kompany from our central defence.

This game falls at a bad time for us though. We're likely to be without Hart, Kompany and Silva again and Spurs have some mobile forwards who will cause Demichelis problems, and they also defend very well. That wouldn't worry me normally as Silva can pick any defence, but without him we could struggle.

-----------------------------Hart
----Zab---Demichelis-----Lescott---Clichy
-------------------Fenandinho--Yaya
-------------------Milner--Nasri
-------------------Negredo--Aguero

Bit too early to be picking teams yet with the game so far off, and international week ahead of us. You never know, Silva maybe available

Spurs play with one up top and without Lennon they've got pretty much no pace in their team, so in that respect I can't really see them giving us too many problems, but it's a tricky one to call, especially after the abject performance we put in at Sunderland. With that display still scorched into my brain, where we created absolutely zero clear cut chances, I'm really worried that without our main creative spark we'll struggle to find the net against a team who are as tight as Spurs. The way I see it, this one's completely dependent upon the team we're able to put out.

No Silva & 'Dinho - I can see it being a boring, frustrating 0-1 to them, much like the Sunderland debacle

With either of them in the starting line up I think we'll totally outplay them but only win by the 1 or 2 goals. 2-1 or 3-1

Marvin said:
CU-BLUE-Buff said:
This game falls at a bad time for us though. We're likely to be without Hart, Kompany and Silva again and Spurs have some mobile forwards who will cause Demichelis problems, and they also defend very well. That wouldn't worry me normally as Silva can pick any defence, but without him we could struggle.

Bit too early to be picking teams yet with the game so far off, and international week ahead of us. You never know, Silva maybe available

won't be helping us pick any locks, gotta be Navas specially since its at home

Marvin said:
CU-BLUE-Buff said:
Agree with you

6 points would worry me in April - not now. Especially when we've played a lot better away from home than the results suggest. We've dropped points due to bad luck, and the combined effect of losing Hart and Kompany from our central defence.

We dropped more points away from home Marvin when Hart was in goal away from home because of our rusty defence with VK and without VK and because of Harts poor form in the games against Cardiff , Villa , and Chelsea and Bayern albeit that was at home.

Chelsea was the straw that broke the camels back plus a bit of pressure from within and without to remove him gave MP little alternative.

Yes Pants could have saved Bardsley winner but he sure was put on the spot by some shocking covering when Richards went walk about again.

To even suggest losing Hart has resulted in us dropping points is absurd Marvin , I will put that down to your post rate and not looking before you leap.

If we cannot cover for VK your premise suggests we will continue to leak goals until a better replacement is found or he returns from his sick note.

Either way its bad news according to you.

As for the bad luck , give it a rest Marvin we have been shite away in the league all season its continued to get worse from last season.

We have lost as many games away from home with a vastly superior squad than we had in the 2011-2012 season or so everybody from pundits , to mooners to the media keep on reminding us including our manager so lets just say we have performed well below expectation and our capability away from home in the premiership over 6 with 13 to go and we hope and prey that unless formations and mindset changes it will get better because if it doesn't it will get worse Marvin.

You know that and I know that and suger coating it saying bad luck has meant the results are not as good as they should be is no more than saying we don't work hard enough of the ball and have the composure to ensure that our poor defence in game we haven't been able to put to bed ie Cardiff , Villa ( twice ) , Chelsea and the less said about Sunderland and Stoke the better to win games we should be shitting in Marvin.

Der Bomber said:
Stoke away. Away to the Bar Codes in the League Cup. Last Sunday.

No Ferny for any of those and we had fuck-all working as fat as going forward. Get him back for Spuds and we should smack them. If not, it may be a nervous day.

Fair point but we need more cover in the midfield in games like these.

Lescott usually plays a blinder against Spurs at home but what are the odds he doesn't get in the starting line up.<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:24 am --<br /><br />
Marvin said:
CU-BLUE-Buff said:
Agree with you

Well we will struggle then Marvin because he won't be back until mid December at the earliest I would suggest.

Hope I am wrong but unless we doing the reverse with Silva as we have with Vinny its a no show for a while for DS.

Time for Nasri to show why we forked out all that money for him on a week by week basis don't you agree?

I think if AVB picks the right team and we have some players returning to the team we can give you a good game. I just hope to god that we don't put Dawson in defense which I think we will. I would be more confident that Kaboul and Vertonghen could deal with your strikers. We'll need Rose back for that or else Vertonghen will play at left back. I also will be disappointed if we don't play Eriksen and Lamela but I can see AVB starting Sigurdsson and Holtby instead. Just hope I'm wrong.

GHoddle said:
I think if AVB picks the right team and we have some players returning to the team we can give you a good game. I just hope to god that we don't put Dawson in defense which I think we will. I would be more confident that Kaboul and Vertonghen could deal with your strikers. We'll need Rose back for that or else Vertonghen will play at left back. I also will be disappointed if we don't play Eriksen and Lamela but I can see AVB starting Sigurdsson and Holtby instead. Just hope I'm wrong.

You have got much more choice than us GHoddle.

No VK no Silva our two most important players so far this season and doubts on the fitness of Ferni where without him Yaya can't do the things yaya can with him.

We have been a tad lucky to beat you at home the last two times in the league although we deserved the wins both times.

It could go either way , we can't keep winning at home at some stage we will drop points but for our sake hopefully by then we will have solved our woes away form home.

4 points from 18 , its relegation form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.