City Vs Tottenham Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
NQCitizen said:
AwayDay said:
Yeh Lloris is one of the best keepers and definitely the best sweeper in the league, he is very important for spurs tactically, with their high line and pressing game, Newcastle caught them out because Friedal couldn't sweep behind the defence like Lloris....But, I cant see city not scoring, at home, so spurs will need to score and that's a big ask.

I agree so completely. To the extent that if I could have any premiership player in the team it'd be him, absolutely made for Pellegrini's tactics.

AVBs signings for Spurs are perhaps the best of all the current managers.
Not sure about that. Some good players, but they already had Townsend who is phenomenal, and he should have known how good he was last season based on his performances for QPR. So why buy Lamela? And why buy Capoue and Paulinho when he already had Sandro, and Dembele? They have bought top players, but they all look very similar so they can be one dimensional

Eriksen sounded like a good buy, but he hasn't really clicked yet. And neither has Soldado, but I think that's more down to lack of service than ability. I'd still start Defoe over Soldado though.

Oh this season the jury is out I guess but Vertonghen and Lloris have been fantastic purchases so far. If Chiriches, Lamela and Eriksen live up to their promise he's built the spine and creative side of a team that could challenge for trophies for years to come.

Really do rate AVB.

GHoddle said:
AwayDay said:
NQCitizen said:
The wildcard is Lloris. For my money the best keeper in the league. He'll take some beating.

Yeh Lloris is one of the best keepers and definitely the best sweeper in the league, he is very important for spurs tactically, with their high line and pressing game, Newcastle caught them out because Friedal couldn't sweep behind the defence like Lloris....But, I cant see city not scoring, at home, so spurs will need to score and that's a big ask.

I think we will probably score a goal, Our attack looked better against Newcastle in the 2nd half and usually we have more trouble scoring against teams that sit back than teams that attack us.

Aye, but you was at home for that one.

The first goal will be huge, if spurs score first they are defensively well set now and are very hard to break down, but if city score first and spurs have to throw their midfielders forward, it could get ugly on the break. Overall, I can not see anything but a city win, if they don't they should really start to worry. At the moment city must win every single home game they play because they are challenging for the title with relegation form away from home.

Recently, Spurs at home have been difficult games. Indeed, without Merlin we're pretty poor at carving out decent chances so let's hope he's fit but he probably won't be back till Swansea. One things for sure Pellegrini's defensive style (or should I say lack of style?) will give Spurs all the encouragement they need.

I see a lot of posts here assuming Fernandinho wont be fit. Can I ask what that's based on? I see the stories about Kompany and Silva, but the last thing i see on Fernandinho was that he was doubtful for the Sunderland game. But he and Nastasic both had fitness tests on that day, so surely they cant be that badly injured?

Marvin said:
NQCitizen said:
I agree so completely. To the extent that if I could have any premiership player in the team it'd be him, absolutely made for Pellegrini's tactics.

Not sure about that. Some good players, but they already had Townsend who is phenomenal, and he should have known how good he was last season based on his performances for QPR. So why buy Lamela? And why buy Capoue and Paulinho when he already had Sandro, and Dembele? They have bought top players, but they all look very similar so they can be one dimensional

Eriksen sounded like a good buy, but he hasn't really clicked yet. And neither has Soldado, but I think that's more down to lack of service than ability. I'd still start Defoe over Soldado though.

I wouldn't say Townsend has been phenomenal, he's only scored 1 goal this season in 10 games. I think Lamela is a different player in any case, more of a number 10. I think he will be the big star of our team in coming years.

The biggest hindrance to us so far has been Rose's injury imo, we should have bought another left back in the transfer window, it was a big mistake not to. I hope in January we buy a left back and a right back to cover/compete with Walker because the way we play, having attacking fullbacks who can overlap well is necessary imo.

-- Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:33 am --

prestonibbo_mcfc said:

To be honest we're better away from home these days haha.<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:36 am --<br /><br />AwayDay, just wondering, what club is it that you support? I seem to remember you saying before but I can't remember now.

GHoddle said:
Marvin said:
NQCitizen said:

I wouldn't say Townsend has been phenomenal, he's only scored 1 goal this season in 10 games. I think Lamela is a different player in any case, more of a number 10. I think he will be the big star of our team in coming years.

The biggest hindrance to us so far has been Rose's injury imo, we should have bought another left back in the transfer window, it was a big mistake not to. I hope in January we buy a left back and a right back to cover/compete with Walker because the way we play, having attacking fullbacks who can overlap well is necessary imo.

-- Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:33 am --

prestonibbo_mcfc said:

To be honest we're better away from home these days haha.

-- Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:36 am --

AwayDay, just wondering, what club is it that you support? I seem to remember you saying before but I can't remember now.

Arsenal

Marvin said:
GHoddle said:
AwayDay said:

I think we will probably score a goal, Our attack looked better against Newcastle in the 2nd half and usually we have more trouble scoring against teams that sit back than teams that attack us.
Yes, I am quite worried about this game. Spurs have the ideal set up to cause us problems. A solid defence, powerful midfield and Defoe who would give Demichelis a lot of problems as he is not that mobile from what I have seen.

Spurs problems seem to come when like City they are faced with a determined rearguard. We are OK if we have Silva the magician, but without him we got nowhere in 90 mins at Sunderland.

I'm expecting a tight game. I wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw, because after that we should get Hart, Kompany and Silva back, and that massively increases the defensive, and offensive power of the team, and adds to the confidence levels

-- Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:29 pm --

What has happened to Soldado? Not in the Spanish national squad for their friendlies

Thee forwards are Villa, Negredo, Llorente and Pedro

I was looking to see if Silva was in there - he isn't.

Silva is in the treatment room in Carrington Marvin.

Soldado who should be playing in their friendlies is in such poor form he hasn;t been picked at least according to you but given bizarre comments in relation to Hart and others (see my reply Marvin ) and I haven't been arsed to look at their squad I wouldn't be surprised if he is in it.

Or perhaps AVB like Van purse strings for Manure amongst many others has got permission for the dreaded sick note.

Of course knowing City we will give every one of our internationals not on crutches the go ahead to play in the meaningless friendlies and of course Nasri and Dzeko are certainties for 180 minutes unless injured in the meantime and we will come back with a midfield of Rodwell , Garcia , Zabba and Yaya to face Spurs.

Defoe Marvin , give me a break he will get twenty minutes to either get them something or nothing because they have the game in hand and he is not needed.

You are sure coming up with some pearlers today Marvin.

Do you want a fourth go on this thread before the first international to summise how it will go (LOL).

I reckon you will have about 15 before our team is selected.<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:15 am --<br /><br />
Marvin said:
NQCitizen said:
AwayDay said:

If you watched Spurs , any Spurs fan will tell you he has had plenty of service but outside his one goal in the premiership in open play he has so far proved in effective other than hold the ball up which I must say he shits on Dzeko for but its useless if he doesn't know what to do with it other than pass it back with his back to the goal.

He will score a few but give me the beast anytime as that bloke can head a ball if we feed it to him ala Hull , something we won't see much of Soldado doing .

In saying that he will probably score two against us (LOL).

So Soldado is a hold up player who can't! finish?! Look back at his career in Spain

Marvin said:
So Soldado is a hold up player who can't! finish?! Look back at his career in Spain

I look at the premiership Marvin and I am happy to be corrected but he has been their number one choice for every game this season and scored one goal from open play.

I didn't say he can't finish what I did say is he hasn't been able to finish this season.

Some take a while to find their feet others hit the ground running.

To date I would suspect from the goal scoring front he has been a major dissappointment to their fans and all of their penalties have been tinny at best.

Their defence is what has got them to 20 points but they will need to improve markedly on their goals to game ratio if they are to seriously challenge for a top four spot this season.

Let hope we can slot four past them as that should see us home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.