City Vs United Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tactics Vs Un*ted

If we go behind the scum know how we can get at them and not collapse! With 10 men we battered them in the cup so they'll be shit scared that's a fact

Re: Tactics Vs Un*ted

waspish said:
If we go behind the scum know how we can get at them and not collapse! With 10 men we battered them in the cup so they'll be shit scared that's a fact

United got at teams for the first 10 and last 10 of each half, they kind of relax in the middle 25 mins, I'm sure Bobby will be aware of this, if we can keep them out for the first 10 then we need a goal between 10-35 mins.

I am sure they will park the bus and try to hit us on the break, it is exactly what they did in the early stages of the ccup match and tbh it worked well for them. Obviously their mentality changed when Vinnie got his red card. I don't think for one minute they will come and go toe to toe with us, he may be an old alcoholic but unfortunately he isn't insane.

Prior to the FA cup game, I thought we would smash them easily

But now i don't really know

If our players expect an easy game, it will turn to be tough one, they have to approach the game with full focus and perform at their best level.

No one can predict what will happen

Referee named as follows.
"MCFC have confirmed that Andre Marriner will referee next week's derby humdinger at the Etihad Stadium...

Marriner has yet to referee a City game this season but has overseen the rags 3 times: wins at Bolton and Norwich and a draw at Liverpool.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/article" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/article</a>.

Lancet Fluke said:
I am sure they will park the bus and try to hit us on the break, it is exactly what they did in the early stages of the ccup match and tbh it worked well for them. Obviously their mentality changed when Vinnie got his red card. I don't think for one minute they will come and go toe to toe with us, he may be an old alcoholic but unfortunately he isn't insane.

agreed

caution and patience required, but not toooooooo much caution lol

In terms of attacking just keep it how it is, pressure high up the pitch and don't give them any time on the ball. Tevez is particularly useful for this. We should try and keep the ball early on aswell.

In terms of defending we need to do exactly what we did at OT. Double up on their wingers. We need silva & nasri back helping out and whoever ends up sitting infront of the defence, they both need to be ready to fill in behind the full backs if they're caught out of position.
We did all this at OT and they barely threatened us. Their wingers could cause us a nightmare if we're not careful.

I also do not want to see balotelli in the first team, i like the lad but after some of the shit he's done, i simply don't trust him in this game. Especially with aguero & tevez being the obvious first choice at the moment.

All in all we just have to give them some respect but not too much. As everton & wigan did.

Millennium said:
Prior to the FA cup game, I thought we would smash them easily

But now i don't really know

If our players expect an easy game, it will turn to be tough one, they have to approach the game with full focus and perform at their best level.

No one can predict what will happen

This.

Remember United only really need a draw, for them to win the title at home to Swansea or away to Sunderland will be an easier test than trying to win it at the Etihad not forgetting they know we have to go and visit Newcastle which is no easy test at all!

The wost thing that our players can do now is start believing the ever so increasing hype being built around this game because if they do - soon as they step on the pitch they will bottle it in my opinion.

We have to back City to the upmost maximum next Monday, singing our hearts out, multiple Poznans; the works basically.

Come on City, Believe!

Forza Mancini!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.