City Vs United Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tactics Vs Un*ted

An early goal will be vital because the fuckers will probably sit 10 men behind the ball and play for a draw

We must stop them playing down the wings. In recent weeks Valencia, Nani and Young have been given too much space to play, we need to remain tight deny them the platform they require.
If we can neutralise the wings then you stop them being able to cross into the box they won't be able to pass through our midfield and defence its just too strong. Clichy and Richards are going to have to play a blinder with the midfielders and even attackers willing to track back.
As for attack we should have too much talent and ability, I have few worries with this area.

We have more to lose than them, they can lose the game and still win the league given their remaining two fixtures on paper are easier. They can draw the game and again the question of where the title goes remains in their hands. Only if they lose the game, for the first time they will the destiny of the prem league will be out of their hands and in ours.

I don't think they will go gung ho at trying to win the game they don't have to even a draw would no doubt suit them to the ground. We on the other hand have to win and make sure we don't give them any silly goals. I just wish Paul Scholes had retired the one player in their ranks who I fear most, yet in the semi final last year we seemed to be able to cope.

Hart
Richards
Kompany
Lescott
Clichy

Barry
Yaya

Silva
Aguero

IMO the gaps can be filled by the squad on current form I would go with Nasri and Tevez, but Milner could be crucial in midfield and I know I know Mario up front with Aguero a wild card.

So how's everybody coping?

Not very well personally if I'm being honest. I can't stop thinking about Monday night, it's occupied my thoughts all day and I only see it getting worse as the week goes on.
All the what if's, the permutations, it's driving me round the twist!

Come on City!!!

TOGETHER

BLUEMAD said:
waspish said:
--------------Hart------------------
Mica---VK-------JL-------Clichy
____Dejong___Barry______
________Yaya___________
______Silva____Aguero___
_________Tevez_________
This is the one for me.

and me

whp.blue said:
moorsideblue said:
hart

richards kompany lescott clichy

barry de jong

silva toure aguero

tevez

swap milner for that slug barry and I'm with you

this game will be too fast for barry and we can't afford his sloppy passing as that may just give them the cahnce they need on the break
are you crazy milner hasn't played for ages and you want him to play a big match like this one.We let barry play he has been good in recent times and can spray the ball in the midfield,he had the legs when we played at ancient trafford he will have the legs at the etihad don't worry.In Mancini we Trust.

Tactics Vs Un*ted

De Jong is the key, he gives the midfield and defence so much cover and time, if he plays we play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.