City Vs United Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tactics Vs Un*ted

If we want it we will win it no matter what tatics we use next Monday. Its all down to the players to show it on the pitch with 3 games to go this is the biggest match of the season that will either break us or make us win our last 3 games and were champions no matter what happens our goal difference is worth a point and with 2 home games to play you have to fancy our chances to do it.

The midfield we have a better midfield if we are on form in midfield we will cause them problems central our link up play will open gaps in there defence and with Tevez and Kun you would fancy them to score goals. Our defence is solid we have a point to prove after the last Cup game lets right the wrongs of that game and go on and win the league. Yaya will be key in midfield time to prove your 1 of the best midfielders in the league and i think he will be the match winner come that game.

whp.blue said:
moorsideblue said:
hart

richards kompany lescott clichy

barry de jong

silva toure aguero

tevez

swap milner for that slug barry and I'm with you

this game will be too fast for barry and we can't afford his sloppy passing as that may just give them the cahnce they need on the break

Barry had a great game yesterday, and merits a place in the side.

waspish said:
--------------Hart------------------
Mica---VK-------JL-------Clichy
____Dejong___Barry______
________Yaya___________
______Silva____Aguero___
_________Tevez_________

same for me - I know Nasri's improving but would scrifice him for the game in case he's back to his worst - with sloppy passing giving away possession.

We need to attack - Rio is crap and hates having the ball kicked at him - a real soft a**e. If you ever watch goals they concede - he's always the weak link and turns away from the ball. Could do with NDJ knocking him out with one of his famous efforts.

better still when we're 4-1 up bring on Kolarov to do it ......

If they get an early goal then they will try and defend for 80 mins, but with there defence and our attack we'll out do them. In theory...

Well here are my two options:

------------------Hart-------------------
Richards---Kompany--Lescott----Clichy
----------De Jong--Yaya--Barry---------
Silva------------Tevez------------Aguero

or

-----------------Hart---------------------
Zabaleta--Kompany--Lescott------Clichy
----------Yaya------Barry----------------
Silva-----------Tevez---------------Nasri
----------------Aguero-------------------

This game is going to be a lot harder than a few think!

In my opinion United are the best counter attacking team in the league and capable of putting in 4 goals against most teams in Europe and since Scholes has returned they have been almost invincible in the league, look at the Everton game at weekend; Fergie took Scholes off and Everton go and score 2 goals, the loss against Wigan - no Scholes...

Will Mancini go all Italian and pack the midfield out? I think he will, Yaya plays best when he is in an attacking role not defensive and if we play Nasri and Silva together, sometimes we can look a little lightweight due us having no width to support them.

----------------Hart------------

Richards--Kompany--Lescott--Clichy

------Dejong----Yaya----Barry----

----Silva/Nasri-------Tevez--------

----------------Kun-------------

I do think at times Young, Nani or Valencia will tear us apart because we have struggled a bit with teams using wingers this season so our defense just has to have 200% concentration not forgetting we need a man on Rooney!

I just hope our attacking line-up will have too much for their defense and with 46000 City fans behind our team we can go on and win this!!

BELIEVE!!

Hart

Richards
Kompany
Lescott
Clichy

Yaya
Barry
Silva
Nasri

Tevez

Aguero

Maybe have de jong in there for Barry. Think we just need to go at them, hit them with everything we have at our disposle. But dont think we will.

Im going for a very nervy 1-0 city<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:58 pm --<br /><br />Hart

Richards
Kompany
Lescott
Clichy

Yaya
Barry
Silva
Nasri

Tevez

Aguero

Maybe have de jong in there for Barry. Think we just need to go at them, hit them with everything we have at our disposle. But dont think we will.

Im going for a very nervy 1-0 city

What we can't afford to do is show them too much respect, i felt we did that a bit against Chelsea and it very nearly cost us. They will probably try to suffocate the midfield a la Sunderland West Brom away etc etc. In this case we will need to utilise the pace of Aguero and Tevez with quick passing from Silva and Yaya. No doubt Rednose will want his fullbacks doing a real defensive job which will give Clichy,Richards/Zabba a bit of space down the flanks. It will be close but i think we should do it.

I think this will be an end to end game just like the home game against Arsenal.

BOTH teams will be taking advantage of ever decent counter-attacking opportunity. Could be quite a thrilling game this.

First goal is tends to set the tone for most matches, but the first goal in this particular match is important for two reasons:

1. If they plan on sitting back, if we draw first blood they have to open up which will absolutely suit us.
2. United have not won a game this season when they've conceded the first goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.