City vs Villa( League Cup) Pre-match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xzbit04

Like someone mentioned in the Arsenal match thread, Im actually looking forward to this game with less pressure and hopefully the likes of Suarez and Nasty getting gametime

I think we will see some fringe players in this game.

------------Pantillimon-------------
Maicon--Toure--Nastasic--Kolarov
------------Barry--Razak-----------
Milner---------Tevez-------Sinclair
---------------Balotelli--------------

This is what I think we will see, well something similar anyway. I definitely think Balotelli will play but who plays behind him is a bit of a mystery to me at the moment, I cannot see him going with Suarez or Scapuzzi from the off - who I think will be on the bench - so it will be between Tevez or Aguero in my opinion. I have put Tevez down because he only played 20 mins or so yesterday, although Aguero could do with some match time to improve his sharpness.

Milner will get a run out no doubt, Barry definitely will and I can see Razak partnering him. Sinclair on the other wing, Maicon to come in with Toure, Nastasic and Kolarov also in the back four.

Some important players will no doubt be on the bench just in case we get into any trouble, I can see Silva, Kompany and Rodders being part of it.

sam-caddick said:
I think we will see some fringe players in this game.

------------Pantillimon-------------
Maicon--Toure--Nastasic--Kolarov
------------Barry--Razak-----------
Milner---------Tevez-------Sinclair
---------------Balotelli--------------

This is what I think we will see, well something similar anyway. I definitely think Balotelli will play but who plays behind him is a bit of a mystery to me at the moment, I cannot see him going with Suarez or Scapuzzi from the off - who I think will be on the bench - so it will be between Tevez or Aguero in my opinion. I have put Tevez down because he only played 20 mins or so yesterday, although Aguero could do with some match time to improve his sharpness.

Milner will get a run out no doubt, Barry definitely will and I can see Razak partnering him. Sinclair on the other wing, Maicon to come in with Toure, Nastasic and Kolarov also in the back four.

Some important players will no doubt be on the bench just in case we get into any trouble, I can see Silva, Kompany and Rodders being part of it.
Think Milners injured, if he isn't I would have him over Razak and play Rodwell with Milner and Barry.

Lambert said before the draw Villa would play full strength teams, but whether he sticks to that is another question...

I think we'll field a fairly experienced side of those who didn't play today but would like to see Suarez tested against decent opposition.

______________Pantilimon______________
Maicon___Kolo Touré__Nastasic___Kolarov

__________Rodwell_____Barry__________
________________Razak________________
________Milner___________Sinclair______
_______________Balotelli_______________

Bench:

Wright,
Rekik, Zabaleta,
Garcia, Suarez,
Tévez, Agüero.

Maicon and Kolarov would be interesting, and Balotelli seems to do better as a lone striker, although we have Kun Tévez on the bench if Balo does a Balo. Agüero to come on for a few mins for some more match fitness... As well as possibly the youngsters.

I'm going for 1-1.

Happy to be attending this fixture. Won't really get to many league Cup games this season

maicon, richards and Milner are injured according to MEN but Maicon's injury just sounds like bruising if it's just the kick on a foot which MEN describe. maybe he can play?

Ireland has an arm injury and is a big doubt. Dunne out long term.

Doubt is what to do at right back or right wing back. Don't want to risk Zab with other right back injuries. So we could play Kolo Toure at right back? I don't see a right wing back in the squad so I think that is the only solution

---------------Pants
Kolo---Nastasic---Lescott---Kolarov
---------------Barry
------Rodwell--------Sinclair
--------------Suarez
---------Tevez---Balotelli

Chance for Mario to kick-start his season, and our season

Villa game - what will be our team?

Think it may be something like?

Pantillimon
Maicon Toure Nastasic Kolarov
Garcia Barry
Milner. Sinclair
Dzeko. Balotelli

Re: Villa game - what will be our team?

pantilimon
maicon kolo nastasic kolarov
razak rodwell
milner/suarez mario sinclair
dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.