City vs Villa( League Cup) Pre-match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario and Tevez up front according to Ladyman. Happy to hear that as it looks like Villa won't be resting any/many so we need a decent team out. With Silva sure to be rested and Nasri injured I really want Suarez to be given the roaming playmaker role because if he can perform in that match it may convince Mancini he is ready for more big opportunities.

-------------Pants------------
Maicon-lescott-Nasty-Kolarov
------------Rodwell------------
---Sinclair---Suarez---Barry----
--------Tevez----Mario-------------

Damn it !

Why this game is not televised !!!

Anyway, I think Silva should start so he can find his lost form.

Andouble said:
why is this game on a Tuesday and not a Wednesday. No choice but to change the entire XI completely. Lot of unhappy chappys in the squad if we go out of the CC, less games all around

If we go out mate then expect riots on here.

We cannot afford to play too much of a weakened team as Villa will go all out and play a full strength team, we by far have enough in our bench/ fringe players to beat them and I can see Tevez giving Villa a good hiding if he plays!

We have to beat Fulham at weekend to get back on track in the league and we have to win against Dortmund at home next week, otherwise in my opinion if we lose we are going back in the Europa - embarrassing!

Our home record should grind us a result out hopefully, come on City!

Re: Villa game - what will be our team?

micky_blue said:
Think it may be something like?
Pantillimon
Maicon Toure Nastasic Kolarov
Garcia Barry
Milner. Sinclair
Dzeko. Balotelli
Way off. Two of them are injured. Garcia will be rested. Rodwell and Tevez will start.

_____________Pantilimon______________
_______Kolo Touré___Nastasic__________
Maicon________________________Kolarov
__________Rodwell_____Barry__________
________________Suarez______________
_______Sinclair___________Balotelli______
_______________Dzeko________________

If Milner is fit he'd take Scott's position.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I expect to see 2/3 of the younger players. If they don't get any game time at all what's the point of them being here.

I agree.
And if Pantilimon doesn't get a start in these kind of games, will he have any interest to stay with the club? He's far too good for a permanent bench place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.