City vs Villa Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa will pose more problems than Spurs that's for sure. They have nothing to lose. They have pace on the break and a manager brave enough to use it.

We need to score first. Every game we go behind and that's what's making it hard work

Marvin said:
Villa will pose more problems than Spurs that's for sure.
I very much doubt it. Spurs were simply beaten by the better team on the day. If we reproduce the same form and appetite to win as we did against Spurs, I fear what may happen to Villa. They are fourth from bottom for a reason.

lionheart said:
Marvin said:
Villa will pose more problems than Spurs that's for sure.
I very much doubt it. Spurs were simply beaten by the better team on the day. If we reproduce the same form and appetite to win as we did against Spurs, I fear what may happen to Villa. They are fourth from bottom for a reason.
hart had two saves to make against Spurs.

Villa played very well against Utd, and it's international week which means our players come back tired. We should still win, but I never take anything for granted. Big danger sign when everyone expects us to win.

robbieh said:
Our best back 7 in the team are now very obvious

...................Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Nastacic Clichy
...............Yaya Barry

The Yaya Barry combination really works well for the fluidity of the team.

I am not so sure about Barry you know. Yes he works his socks off and battles away for us. But his distribution is consistently poor. I have lost count of how many times he's given the ball away in recent games.

I guess we have no better in that role, but I am not sure he's up to it if we want to progress to the next level.

Last time we played Villa our team consisted of Zabba(?), K Toure, Nastacic, AK, Barry, Milner, Tevez, Balotelli, Dzeko and we lost 2-4..

Villa have nowt to loose and played well against the rags. Hoping for a win and no injuries.

Chippy_boy said:
robbieh said:

...................Hart

I am not so sure about Barry you know. Yes he works his socks off and battles away for us. But his distribution is consistently poor. I have lost count of how many times he's given the ball away in recent games.

I guess we have no better in that role, but I am not sure he's up to it if we want to progress to the next level.
That's just not true. Barry is in the team because he retains the ball so well. That is his strength. He also covers an awful lot of ground. When we played Sunderland, and everyone was raving about Milner's workrate, it turned out that it was Barry who covered the most ground.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Fucking well pissed off.

First game at home I will have missed for many a year as am at a wedding.

Hate not being at the Etihad when we are playing.Very frustrating.

Lets hope we can put the pressure on the rags to win because we could be clear by the time they play at Norwich. People are to quick to write Norwich off but don't be. They gave Arsenal a beating so quietly confident they can get a draw.

Don't you just hate Sat. 3pm kick-offs!!!! ?<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:39 pm --<br /><br />
ban-mcfc said:
who's ref for sat?

Some bloke that was boning Boy George.

Chippy_boy said:
robbieh said:

...................Hart

did you watch Gareth Barry's performance live (i.e. from inside the ground) on Sunday? I thought he was outstanding, and for me just shaded MOTM over Gael

LoveCity said:
We owe Villa after they beat us in the League Cup in what was City's worst performance since the Forest embarrassment a few years ago. Villa have improved and game-raised quite well against the rags until they bottled it, but that was at home. 2-0 to City.

We're coming into form. Think they could feel the pain of a real pasting.

Interesting to see the team selection for Saturday with Wednesday v Real Madrid coming up.

I personally would play the strongest side possible for the league game rather than the CL League game but can't see Mancini doing that somehow.

Sinclair might start v Villa along with Mario perhaps.

I'd treat the league games as more important now than the CL games but while there's an outside chance of going through, the owner's I'm sure wouldn't agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.