City vs Villa Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth would we even consider playing an understrength side. We put out our best 11 and get the 3 points. let the Madrid game look after itself. Deep down I think we all know champions league progress is beyond us now, back to back titles certainly isn't!

We should play our best 11 against Villa. We have a great shot at defending the title. We have next to no shot at Champions League this year. It's fools gold. Don't put the league title at risk.

Dzeko & Hyde said:
We should play our best 11 against Villa. We have a great shot at defending the title. We have next to no shot at Champions League this year. It's fools gold. Don't put the league title at risk.

Precisely what I meant, I'd play our best team against Villa but Roberto might have a different opinion. ;)

I am a Sunderland supporter (no sympathy please!) who has registered simply to offer 2 free tickets for this game, preferably to someone who would love to go but cant afford to. Anyone know of a deserving case or can someone post a new subject on here? As a newcomer I cant start a new post - i can only reply. Cheers.

northstandgiveusasong said:
Interesting to see the team selection for Saturday with Wednesday v Real Madrid coming up.

I personally would play the strongest side possible for the league game rather than the CL League game but can't see Mancini doing that somehow.

Sinclair might start v Villa along with Mario perhaps.

I'd treat the league games as more important now than the CL games but while there's an outside chance of going through, the owner's I'm sure wouldn't agree.

Sinclair vs Agbonlahor or Weimann would be a pretty one sided battle in the laters favour, he was in the same position in the 2-4 loss when Agbonlahor got his double I think.

B\connellblue said:
Why on earth would we even consider playing an understrength side. We put out our best 11 and get the 3 points. let the Madrid game look after itself. Deep down I think we all know champions league progress is beyond us now, back to back titles certainly isn't!

Agreed about the under strength side, we've done that already in the Capitol One Cup against them and lost 4-2.

For me the strongest side out and just win. If that can be in style then great, but not essential, it's all about the three points. Come on City........!!!

--------------------Hart--------------------
--Maicon-----Kompany---Lescott-----Kolarov---
------------Yaya Toure---Garcia--------------
----Silva-----------Aguero------------Nasri---
-----------------Edin Dzeko------------------

thats the team i would pick. resting barry & zabba for madrid. nastasic & clichy injured. i can see balotelli coming in for dzeko though, whom i reckon may start against madrid.

sinclair will be involved at some point too, i'm sure of it.

i know we keep saying this, but someone IS due a hammering

4 - 0 city

Taking into consideration International duties and the CL the following week, I would go for:

Villa.

------------------Hart-------------------
Maicon--Kompany--Nastasic--Kolarov
-------------Milner--Barry-------------
Nasri------------Yaya-----------Sinclair
------------------Dzeko----------------

Madrid.

------------------Hart-------------------
Zabaleta--Kompany--Nastasic--Clichy
-------------Garcia--Barry-------------
Silva-------------Yaya-----------Tevez
-----------------Agüero----------------

Who says that Nasty and Clichy are injured? Incidentally, with regard to the midweek internationals, are Bosnia playing this week? I cannot see them mentioned in the fixture list, so Dzeko may get a rest. Hopefully Silva won't be picked for Spain v Panama, having just returned from injury. Am guessing that Zabaleta and Aguero may have to play against Saudi Arabia. Mario should start against France, with or without Nasri. These bloody internationals are very annoying unless you are called Rooney and invariably get a pass. Hoping that RVP may get tackled hard by the Germans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.