City vs Villa Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa represents a great chance to gets some goals on the board which we all know are going to be vitally important!! What drives me mad right now is the number of free kicks we concede to our opponents home and away in wide positions in our own half giving a gilt edged opportunity for a set piece delivery into our box. Villa must know set plays probably give them their best chance to score. Barry is one of the main culprits of this brainless act, and true to form he went clattering into the back of a Spurs player who was going nowhere with his back to our goal. All that has to be done is to shepherd the opponent into a deeper position, and make him play the ball back or across the park. We then concede a needless free kick from which there is probably about a 40% chance of an opposing player scoring a goal. I am at a loss to understand why more care isn't taken to protect ourselves from conceding such gifts to our opponents who cannot outfootball us, but have the measure of us when the ball in travelling at speed from out wide into our box. Madness!

summer of 69 said:
Villa represents a great chance to gets some goals on the board which we all know are going to be vitally important!! What drives me mad right now is the number of free kicks we concede to our opponents home and away in wide positions in our own half giving a gilt edged opportunity for a set piece delivery into our box. Villa must know set plays probably give them their best chance to score. Barry is one of the main culprits of this brainless act, and true to form he went clattering into the back of a Spurs player who was going nowhere with his back to our goal. All that has to be done is to shepherd the opponent into a deeper position, and make him play the ball back or across the park. We then concede a needless free kick from which there is probably about a 40% chance of an opposing player scoring a goal. I am at a loss to understand why more care isn't taken to protect ourselves from conceding such gifts to our opponents who cannot outfootball us, but have the measure of us when the ball in travelling at speed from out wide into our box. Madness!

Aguero committed the foul that led to the freekick which Spurs scored from, but I get your point.

we should win this one, villa can play, have a lot of promising youngsters and I feel will get better, much better, as the season progresses. 3-1

We need to play our best starting 11 available agianst Madrid and Chelsea so for this game i would rest Yaya, Natastic, Zabaleta, Clichy, Aguero, Tevez and Nasri.

573941_Manchester_City.jpg

WNRH said:
We need to play our best starting 11 available agianst Madrid and Chelsea so for this game i would rest Yaya, Natastic, Zabaleta, Clichy, Aguero, Tevez and Nasri.

573941_Manchester_City.jpg
I´m with you on Sinclair, he´s due a game. Don´t really fancy Mario and Dzeko starting together, rather have Tevez coming deep linking up with Silva leaving Dzeko up top on his own.

wireblue said:
United kick off late so do our stuff against villa and we go top and put a nice bit of pressure on united. Norwich away for them won’t be a stroll in the park
Yes it will be a stroll in the park for the Rags, but hopefully no easier than ours.

-- Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:48 am --

WNRH said:
I agree except that Mancini is afraid to rest Yaya for whatever reason and I would play Nasri (if fit) instead of Silva, who needs gently easing back. Milner might be a good option too.

I think we should be slightly wary of AV. they played really well vs the rags. Benteke single handedly humiliated Smalling for their first goal, and they were over all a huge threat. Granted, Man U defense is Shite these days...but we can t ignore this fixture.
I do think its a good opportunity to rest some players that we straight up NEED for Real during the week. Barry Needs rest, as well as Clichy and maybe Zaba ( I wince every time zaba hits the ground, i'm always scared he hurts himself and we loose him... without him, the game is different. I feel the same when richards when he falls down...but zaba is made of steal compared to Micah!....anyways) we maybe should rest Yaya...he fragile ( mancini won t do that tho i think) and in front give a shot at Balotelli/dzeko...(aguero and teve can rest..)
THo deko and balotelli don t really play on the field together cuz they are such similar strikers, the two NEED to play. I hope you all remember Balotelli's overhead goal at this fixture last year, when balotelli was at his PRIME ( tho then i though it was his normal state :( )

Anyways.....we got this fixture, we just gotta be focused. I would put milner in, he will be good in front of the AV stickers. <3 milner and I want him to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.