City vs West Brom Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exeter Blue I am here said:
FantasyIreland said:
Never a better 'opportunity' to play Silva where he does his best magic but yet again he's shunted to the wing?

Just don't see that line up having the energy or the cohesion.

I'm fucking speechless mate. It's almost like Pellegrini's taking the fucking piss now. Lampard and Fernando in the middle, the slowest, least mobile pairing in all 4 divisions, when we need the polar opposite, and Silva in his least effective position on the left. There would be some solace if he were on the right, cutting in and reverse passing it, but down the left he's a fish out of water. Truly unbefuckinglievable

I expect we will all agree on that except pellers himself

Can we not wait for the final whistle and result before going off the deep end and baying for blood?

This team tells me that Milner, haya and nasri will all be off in the summer. Pellers making a statement but hope it doesn't back fire. Worry about central midfield

Actually I hear yaya and Milner are injured.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
It's now time for the difficult task of trying to guess what Pellegrini's team will be.

Firstly we need to follow the 3 steps of picking a Pellers team.

1. It's going to be 442
2. There has to be at least 2 changes to the back 4. AT LEAST!! Around 5 changes in total.
3. A player not picked to even sit on the bench of tonight's game will be involved (probably from the start).

Here goes....

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy
Navas
Fernandinho
Yaya
Silva
Aguero
Bony

Clearly 442, 5 changes of which 3 are in the back 4, Mangala starts after sitting at home watching Barca like the rest of us.

That meets all the criteria
Actually, that is a pretty good line up. I bet we are going to have a worse first 11.

To read some of the comments here you'd think we've already lost. Think I'll give it at least 30 minutes in before I join you all in condemning the line up

Lampard has been poor when he has played since the beginning of the year. Almost as if everything, with age leading the way, have started to get to him.

Interesting to see how he plays today. This game is perhaps the only match or situation where he could have gotten a start.

Bony also gets another start. I have seen some good things from him but he is yet to get that goal. Hopefully today is the day.

Seems Pellegrini is playing the last card in his attempt to try and wrestle for the premier league, I call it the Mancini ploy- concede that the title challenge is gone in a desperate and far fetched hope that the players play freely and find themselves three points behind Chelsea with two games to go. Far fetched but it worked for Mancini.

A win is what it is all about today.

journolud said:
To read some of the comments here you'd think we've already lost. Think I'll give it at least 30 minutes in before I join you all in condemning the line up

I admire your extreme optimism.

bugsyblue said:
This team tells me that Milner, haya and nasri will all be off in the summer. Pellers making a statement but hope it doesn't back fire. Worry about central midfield

Actually I hear yaya and Milner are injured.
Than what about Lampard?
I don t know why he keeps playing Fernando in a 2 midfield. He has to be the only DM in front of defense with 2 CM in front of him; he is actually a very good player in that system.

SebastianBlue said:
journolud said:

I admire your extreme optimism.

Extreme optimism? Fucking 2nd in the league with one of the finest home records anywhere over the last few years.

Go on, how many out of the West Brom side would you pick ahead of ours today?

I will tell you, NONE!

Fuck me its ridiculous on here at times!

Expect this might be a more expansive game with possession switching regularly. If we can draw them out into that sort of game, Lampard can be quite effective, as his instinct is to get the ball forward quickly, so that should release the two Spaniards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.