City vs West Brom Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eds said:
WBA have plenty of pace up front with Brown and Berahino so I hope that both Clichy and Mangala will be playing in defence. The other two will be VK and probably Zaba. I would like to see Merlin, Yaya and Jovetic just behind Sergio with Milner and Ferny the defensive holding players. It won't happen but you never know. Three points are crucial and a clean sheet would be good although club shop Pulis will have WBA well organised...

Ok but Yaya on the bench, he can't play 3 games in a week (he could hardly run at Burnley) and he doesn't deserve to play after sulking for the last 2 games, Navas in on the right and Silva behind Kun, but as you say it won't happen. Also there is no way we're keeping a clean sheet.

I'd like to see something a bit different - maybe Fernando, Fernandinho and Silva in a midfield three. Don't think Toure or Nasri deserve a start. I'd go with Navas as well - Pulis likes his back four to defend as narrow as possible, so we need to try and stretch them. Aguero up top, Jovetic from the left. Clichy, Mangala and Kompany at the back, and I'd probably stick with Sagna

Hung said:
Crucial, crucial game. If this isn’t 3 points, what is currently a crisis could turn into a disaster. I hope the players realise it.

Very true. A win leaves us thinking about slim outside chances of a 9 game winning streak and possibly, just possibly, catching Chelsea.

If by some almighty cock up, we should lose, we could very possibly be down to 4th by Sunday afternoon and be worrying about staying in the top 4.

This really is a pivotal game. THAT I EXPECT US TO WIN.

Eds said:
WBA have plenty of pace up front with Brown and Berahino so I hope that both Clichy and Mangala will be playing in defence. The other two will be VK and probably Zaba. I would like to see Merlin, Yaya and Jovetic just behind Sergio with Milner and Ferny the defensive holding players. It won't happen but you never know. Three points are crucial and a clean sheet would be good although club shop Pulis will have WBA well organised...

Good call on Jovetic as he will at least try and get at the parked bus.

Big no for Yaya. Despite his total lack of effort yesterday, he isn't fit enough to play again so soon.

Marvin said:
The old issue of travel and recovery (mental and physical) after an Champions League away game.

At least we are at home. I don't know what the stats are but I am sure they will show that the CL teams are much more vulnerable to defeat after such fixtures

Don't care how we do it, just get the win

-------------------------Hart
Zabaleta-----Kompany-----Mangala---Clichy
-------------Fernando---Yaya
------------Navas----------Silva
--------------Bony------Aguero

Nasri instead

--------------------------------------------------HART-----------------------------------------------
ZABBA-----------------KOMPANY------------------MANGALA----------------CLICHY
--------------------------FERNANDO----------------FERNANDINIHO----------------------
-------MILNER-----------------------------SILVA--------------------------JOVETIC---------
----------------------------------------------AGUERO---------------------------------------------

.............................Hart

Zaba.......Kompany....Mangala....Clichy

.............Fernando...Fernandinho

Navas.................Silva....................Milner

.........................Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.