City vs West Ham Post Match Thread.

Not enough goals today but the two we scored were good examples of what you need to do to go past a bus. Some of our finishing was below par but the Hammers did get in a number of excellent blocks.

I'm sure Hart fumbled because he was slow to move due to his injury. Didn't think team did enough to just keep the ball away from our box after he got injured.

Not many conclusions to be drawn from today but Nasri put in anohter good performance. Yaya was my MotM.

jauganaut said:
This confirms the wastefulness Mancini has been lamenting all season.
I don't think its because our players aren't good enough. What this suggests is a lack of confidence and loss of form. Something seems wrong somewhere and its psychological, I hope it can be resolved soon.
Having said that, I'd have taken 2-1 before this match started.
Good match, special mention to Nasri for his turn around this season.

And once again, Bobbys man management seem to have done the trick - as much as people complain.

Mrmcfc said:
Need to be more clinical in front of goal, but whats new?Sometimes we look complacent and just go through the motions, and if yaya hadn't scored THAT goal then we'd be mourning 2 lost points IMO.

Will take the 3 points, but need to improve.

The thing is the first highlighted sentence would take care of the second bit highlighted if we banged in the many chances we create; we do all the hard work then fuck it up with the last kick. As with spuds, we should have been out of sight in the first half but because we didn't convert easy chances - chances that top class players should be absolutely fucking burying - we're left being feeling downbeat because the scoreline isn't what it should be.

Great result against a typical stoke performance... oh hang on, that wasn't stoke?

Anyway, that's my best attempt at humour. Typical Fat Sam performace, cross and cross to the big man. It works but it's a pain to watch.

Need to play a bit faster and be more prolific (how many times have we said that this season?). Besides that, we defended pretty well and when a team puts that many crosses in, it's gonna be hard to keep them out, although they really had few shots and target and Hart injury probably the reason for that, hope it doesn't cost him Golden Glove. 3 points though so move on.

We scored two top class goals and still moaners don't credit where its due...get a grip .........
. ..disgraceful !

Pretty sloppy, careless performance with some players just seemingly going through the motions.

However, 3 points gained, which, at the end of the day, is all that really counts.

Mayor West said:
we played poorly again and our play is just sooooo slooooow.

But apart from Andy Carroll they offered absolutely nothing.

If Mancini is around next season he really needs to look at the ponderous tempo of our game. Watching the top European teams City simply don't have the fast tempo of those teams.

In saying that we could have won about 6-1 today. I thought Lescott did very well against Carroll.

Pleased we got the result in the end. Shame about not holding onto the clean-sheet - 2nd all but secured now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.