City vs Wigan post game thread (Merged)

Brendan110_0 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
I get that but I don't think we've been playing at all well in the league for months, it's been sporadic periods of games that we've done well but we haven't been putting in good performances, and in fact they're getting worse.

it just doesn't fill me with optimism with our run in...

Yet we're 5 points clear of 4th (4 behind 2nd) and in the quarters of Europa and F.A cup - we must be doing something right.

we built up a big enough cushion pre-new year so that our recent blips have still kept us ahead. We lost the title as a result but if we can hit a good run of from now(it's looks unlikely but who knows) then we could see it through hopefully.

Mancini really needs to invest, I'm sorry but this tiredness lark just reeks of him not having faith in players in the squad and for me he should have 25 players he's happy playing.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
I get that but I don't think we've been playing at all well in the league for months, it's been sporadic periods of games that we've done well but we haven't been putting in good performances, and in fact they're getting worse.

it just doesn't fill me with optimism with our run in...

Ironically I read the exact same thing from an Arsenal poster on another forum about them.

i.e. everyone is struggling at this time of the season. Points mean prizes.

Just wondered if anyone has seen a replay of the Micah tackle in the first half? Looked like a bad one from where I sit

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Mancini really needs to invest, I'm sorry but this tiredness lark just reeks of him not having faith in players in the squad and for me he should have 25 players he's happy playing.

When Mourinho said the exact same thing last week, and Guardiola said the exact same thing a few days ago, did you also feel that Mourinho isn't comfortable with his players at Madrid and Pepe at Barca or is this confined solely to Mancini?

mcfc_ms said:
Just wondered if anyone has seen a replay of the Micah tackle in the first half? Looked like a bad one from where I sit

I've seen reds given for less mate.

He went for the ball all right and was just late but luckily for him, his feet didn't leave the ground and the player knew it was coming and rode it as well which saved Micah tbh.

Damocles said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

When Mourinho said the exact same thing last week, and Guardiola said the exact same thing a few days ago, did you also feel that Mourinho isn't comfortable with his players at Madrid and Pepe at Barca or is this confined solely to Mancini?

agree with the pair of them, especially Barca who have very little depth.

Today was a job well done against a decent Wigan side and an inconsistent referee, all that matters now is 3 points and it doesnt matter how they come.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Damocles said:

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that you think that Mourinho and Pep don't have faith in their squad players because they are complaining of tiredness?

Couldn't they just be complaining of tiredness because playing 3 days a week after a World Cup year is quite mentally and physically strenous?

3 points , thanks very much.
but lets not delude ourselves that we sat back and defended masterfully and shut them out. we got lucky that they didnt capitalize today. it was a poor poor 2nd half display and we were relying on wigan to miss chances. just wish we could put a team to bed , then do that. very risky tactic at one nill.
anyway we won so thats the most important thing , but why make it so hard for ourselves!

Damocles said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that you think that Mourinho and Pep don't have faith in their squad players because they are complaining of tiredness?

Couldn't they just be complaining of tiredness because playing 3 days a week after a World Cup year is quite mentally and physically strenous?

yeah I am, they use the same players week in week out and Barca often end up using kids, talented kids but all the same.

real have more players but some of them aren't good enough for that club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.