City vs Wigan post game thread (Merged)

blueinsa said:
mcfc_ms said:
Just wondered if anyone has seen a replay of the Micah tackle in the first half? Looked like a bad one from where I sit

I've seen reds given for less mate.

He went for the ball all right and was just late but luckily for him, his feet didn't leave the ground and the player knew it was coming and rode it as well which saved Micah tbh.

Cheers. Thought it Was going to be a straight red when it happened

Just got round to having a read of this thread...for me I thought it was once again a game of two halves from City. First half was very encouraging, we played some excellent football, the shape of the team seemed to be better than it had been in recent weeks...

Second half was same old same old IMO. Lack of tempo, lack of ideas, which consequently encouraged Wigan even more and ultimately we were very very lucky to come away with the points.

It has been an absolute consistent feature of our game all season that we simply cannot put in two decent halves of football. Time and time again we either fail to show up first half, or fail to show up in the second half.

I thought that saying that the first half was very encouraging is over egging it a bit Billy. For 20 minutes in the first half, it was encouraging; the rest was depressingly formulaic.

Damocles said:
I thought that saying that the first half was very encouraging is over egging it a bit Billy. For 20 minutes in the first half, it was encouraging; the rest was depressingly formulaic.

I was encouraged - even as we slipped into 'depressingly formulaic' mode...I kind of hoped we'd come out second half and batter them. I should've just thought back to West Brom at home recently to be reminded that that was unlikely.

I thought 1st half was good.

We kept the ball well, and Wigan had 1 chance I can remember which McCarthy sliced wide. We on the other hand had 4 good chances, and there was good interplay between Tevez, Silva and Balotelli.

In the 2nd we flagged whether that was down to tiredness or nerves hanging on to a 1-0 win, but Zabeleta got cramp in his hamstring after about 70 mins. I thought it was his hamstring going, but Mancini is quoted on the web-site as saying its cramp. Those fans who say that tiredness is not a real issue should bear that in mind.

Someone asked about Milner. Post-match video says 7-10 days for SWP & Milner. So if everything goes to plan perhaps they will be available for Reading. Mancini says somewhere that De Jong needs to do more work so perhaps he is not yet ready for 90 mins. if so, I'd play barry against Kiev, and De Jong for Reading

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.