City vs Wigan Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bizzarely, i'm a little nervous about today's game!

We've proved how well we can play in our first 3 games. We just need to make sure we don't slip up now against a team that our rivals will all beat at home.

I'd take any sort of win.

Ahhhh....the old *typical city*still lurks in the recessess
of our minds........3-0 City

I think we will get our second clean sheet of the year as I don't see them scoring.

However, whether we win or grind out an exciting 0-0 draw is down to their defensive resolve.

As someone else said, though, our schedule is frightening over these next few days: we have a match every 3-4 days until October. The best striker in the world may be rested today.

Tricky_Trev said:
Just watched Gillette Soccer Saturday's panel waxing lyrical about us, predicting scores of about 12-0, 47-0, 19-0 and 36-0 and i can't help but think everyone's underestimating the task we have ahead of us today. They never give us an easy game. Didn't we need a few 1-0 wins recently to beat them? And one was a wonder goal from Zab, the other was shit keeping from a fairly gentle Silva shot.

We KNOW that we'll be making 4 or 5 changes today. Look at our fixture list for this month! It's mental! We have to rotate. Tevez, Balo, Milner and Johnson will come in, and the likes of Aguero, Silva and Nasri will probably be on the bench. We wont be as fluid without those 3 - it's impossible!

Am i the only one that's not expecting a 26-0 win today? I fully expect us to win, but the more i hear people talking about us dishing out another thrashing, the more nervous i am getting!

Trev the press are deliberately building us up so stupidly so even if we win the twats can slag us of for not hammering Wigan 10-0. Wigan are a solid defensive outfit its how they stay in the premiership every year by being tuff to beat. I'm convinced we will win but it will be a hard battle and we shouldn't disrespect them. FFS its was only a couple of season back IIRC that Wigan beat Chelsea at home, there not going to be a walk over.

mancboy123 said:
King Geedorah said:
As I said in the other thread, Martinez can smell a result. Very worried too.

Course he can smell a result there would be no point in playing any game if you didnt think you could win but just because you think you can I could get into the ring with mike tyson thinking i could win but hed still take my head off.

Im nervous about the game just as im nervous about every city game if youve been a fan for a while its ingrained in the DNA and i dont think we will go out and thrash them but im not worried cos martinez thinks he will win if anything thats better for us because if they come out and attack us it helps us.

Yeah i wouldnt recommend thinking you could be mike tyson

May result in a chronic form of death

We inevitably have to trip up eventually, we can't beat every team between now and the end of time. So we just have to watch our backs and hope the players put in the effort and respect that Wigan deserve.

We will slip up, I think we will draw against Fulham away, which is always a difficult fixture. Today I'm going to jynx it and say I'm confident we'll get the 3 points somehow, but it might not be as plain sailing as some suggest.

I don't know why people keep saying we have to rotate. We thrashed spuds last game and played some amazing stuff. Napoli is at home so I don't see the problem

Hart

Richards
Kompany
Lescott
Clichy

De Jong
Yaya
Nasri
Silva

Aguero
Dzeko

Assuming Barry is to be rested.

PowderBlue said:
ladyman saying Aguero and tev starting, Dzeko rested. not sure how he would know this at this stage.
If we are resting him when he's in this form, just to fit carlos the prick in the team, then mancini has lost the fucking plot

They were te better team here last season. We scrpaed a 1-0 win but McCarthy was the
best player on the pitch. This is the game where we'll see how good we are, not the big test against a big team but a game against a team we're expected to beat while we're carryig a few injuries in te squad and haven't played for two weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.