City vs Wigan Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bizzarely, i'm a little nervous about today's game!

Just watched Gillette Soccer Saturday's panel waxing lyrical about us, predicting scores of about 12-0, 47-0, 19-0 and 36-0 and i can't help but think everyone's underestimating the task we have ahead of us today. They never give us an easy game. Didn't we need a few 1-0 wins recently to beat them? And one was a wonder goal from Zab, the other was shit keeping from a fairly gentle Silva shot.

We KNOW that we'll be making 4 or 5 changes today. Look at our fixture list for this month! It's mental! We have to rotate. Tevez, Balo, Milner and Johnson will come in, and the likes of Aguero, Silva and Nasri will probably be on the bench. We wont be as fluid without those 3 - it's impossible!

Am i the only one that's not expecting a 26-0 win today? I fully expect us to win, but the more i hear people talking about us dishing out another thrashing, the more nervous i am getting!

Comes with the territory of being a city fan, prefer it when everyone says we will get beat, over the years learned to live with that and I just can't get my head around an easy win. Hoping Bert doesn't change the side too much from the team that won at spurs, he can always rest players if we have a healthy scoreline. I am just hoping we win anything else is a bonus. One swallow doesn't make a spring. Always nervous but usually within first half hour of watching us you can predict what is likely to happen.

Before reading this thread I thought I was the only one who was nervous about the Wigan game today
But I can now see quite a few more people are nervous
I think they will give us a tough game and we will have to play at our 100% best to be able to beat them

Always a difficult game it seems and would be happy with 3 points however they come, Wigan do seem to be able to get up for games against us for some odd reason.

You get get as much as 19s for a Wigan win at the bookies. Get your money on to dilute the inevitable sorrows. This game has banana skin all over it.

King Geedorah said:
As I said in the other thread, Martinez can smell a result. Very worried too.

Course he can smell a result there would be no point in playing any game if you didnt think you could win but just because you think you can I could get into the ring with mike tyson thinking i could win but hed still take my head off.

Im nervous about the game just as im nervous about every city game if youve been a fan for a while its ingrained in the DNA and i dont think we will go out and thrash them but im not worried cos martinez thinks he will win if anything thats better for us because if they come out and attack us it helps us.

If we put 5 past spuds away and 3 past Bolton away then we can get a result at home to Wigan..

Im confident of a win but not a rout (?)

Wigan @ 16/1 on bet365, well worth a couple of quid.

As ever Wigan will be stubborn and Martinez has them playing some decent stuff but we'll be right,if we get an early goal we could even have some fun!!

Danger man = Moses.

I fully expect us to win today but I believe that it will be difficult because the pie eaters will come here with the intention to gain a single point (and possibly sneak a win on the break) so they will undoubtedly park the proverbial bus.
If we can get one in early then the game will open up and I can see us romping home . . if we fail to breach the barricades before half time then we can bring fresh legs on and pull them apart in the second half.

My head says that this is definitely a City win but my City educated heart knows that even if we we're 4-0 up with 5 minutes to play I'll still be biting my nails until the final whistle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.