City vs Wigan Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bazza twisted his ankle in the Wales match so may not be available. Also, those who played at least 150 mins in the two internationals arguably deserve to be rested before the Napoli game, except maybe Joe Hart. That means Kompany and Dzeko out for starters. No need to exhaust them when we have adequate cover in Toure/Savic and Tevez/Mario. Fortunately Silva didn't play midweek. City 2-0 Wigan.

lionheart said:
Bazza twisted his ankle in the Wales match so may not be available.

With Napoli coming on Wednesday, is there a better time to rest GB and give Hargreaves a debut?

we are the biggest favourites on the fixed odds coupon this weekend lol...1/5 with coral .so no value for tidy profit unless you really really lump on

I'd go for: Hart, Richards, Savic, Lescott, Clichy, Milner, Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Balotelli, Tevez.

For me:

Hart, Zab, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov, Yaya, Milner, Silva, AJ, Balo and Dzeko.

I think always at least one of Nasri or Silva should start, i'd rest Nasri with his hand. Keep Aguero fresh for mid-week. No point risking Barry, NDJ or Micah with their knocks. Time to get Balo back involved as well. Tevez can wait.

My prediction for starting 11,

-----------Hart-----------
--Zabaleta--Savic---Lescott----Clichy--
-------Yaya---Hargreaves-----
--Silva-------Tevez-------Balotelli--
-------------Dzeko---------------

Dzeko might only get half a game as he has played 2 full 90m games past week, i think we will go reall offensive first half and then defend second half... Dzeko to be replaced by Milner for example..

With injuries, Richards, Nasri and Barry may as well be rested.. this month we have a game every 3 days. Hargreaves to start especially when there is no point in risking Barry and De Jong when injured although Milner could start there!

Nasri might start then be brought off for Balotelli, either way Balotelli will play in this game!

PLEASE PLEASE CITY GIVE US A BIG WIN!!!!

sam-caddick said:
My prediction for starting 11,

-----------Hart-----------
--Zabaleta--Savic---Lescott----Clichy--
-------Yaya---Hargreaves-----
--Silva-------Tevez-------Balotelli--
-------------Dzeko---------------

Dzeko might only get half a game as he has played 2 full 90m games past week, i think we will go reall offensive first half and then defend second half... Dzeko to be replaced by Milner for example..

With injuries, Richards, Nasri and Barry may as well be rested.. this month we have a game every 3 days. Hargreaves to start especially when there is no point in risking Barry and De Jong when injured although Milner could start there!

Nasri might start then be brought off for Balotelli, either way Balotelli will play in this game!

PLEASE PLEASE CITY GIVE US A BIG WIN!!!!

Hargreaves izzzza not ready. He play only 4 games in a 3 years. He train with all of ze playas for only 1 days. I think that maybe in 8 or 10 days he will be ready.

Looking at it, De Jong doesn't look like he will start due to injury, likewise with Barry and maybe Richards. Dzeko should play a bit as I understand the 2 90 mins games that he has played... however, being a centre forward is not as tiring as playing Centre Mid for example. Mainly because they cover less ground. Aguero will not start due to playing in Bangladesh so jetlag may set in.

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Lescott/Savic
Kolorov
Yaya
Milner
Nasri
Silva
Tevez
Dzeko

Line this up in a 4-2-3-1 and We have a lot of flair in the attacking 3 behind Dzeko. Silva and Nasri can provide width and also cut in a bit to create chances. If not Tevez, then AJ may start on the right and move Nasri just behind Dzeko.

Still torn between whether Mancini should keep same eleven who thumped Spurs together and if we can get a comfortable lead then replace players or have some changes to give other top players some game time together. Obviously if Barry injured that will mean one enforced change. I know we play midweek etc and the idea of keeping players fresh but it is only 4th game of season so the tiredness aspect probably won't kick in till after Christmas. This is so difficult to call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.