City will not be furloughing staff

Prior to his mother's death, Guardiola had held talks with the club about taking a reduction to his annual salary of about £20 million to help absorb the impact of football being suspended

Pep Guardiola and senior Manchester City executives including Txiki Begiristain, director of football, and Ferran Soriano, chief executive, agreed in principle to take pay cuts so non-playing staff could be paid in full during the coronavirus pandemic

Officials from Manchester City’s seven sister clubs could also take pay cuts. City’s executives have not yet agreed how much of their salaries they cut, partly because officials are still in the dark about how much money the club will lose due to the pandemic

Manchester City’s players are in agreement that they should take some form of pay cut, although no formal arrangement has yet been made

@TimesSport

Liverpool furlough plan:
This means more..........money in John Henry's pocket.
Hang your heads in shame.

So the dippers have changed their minds and admitted their "mistake". Now paying all staff and it's headline news on BBC Sport. Suddenly they're the good guys, despite clearly having been shamed into it. Still no plaudits for City though. BBC showing it's unrelenting bias yet again.

So the dippers have changed their minds and admitted their "mistake". Now paying all staff and it's headline news on BBC Sport. Suddenly they're the good guys, despite clearly having been shamed into it. Still no plaudits for City though. BBC showing it's unrelenting bias yet again.
They would have looked a lot worse if the media had published that they were paying staff at their Boston rounders in full while acting like parasites in taking tax payers money over here.

I was so pleased and proud to read this. I said earlier this week that I wanted City to take a lead and be a beacon, and with this they have done. The government scheme was never designed for top flight football clubs, and those that have utilised it should be utterly ashamed, but as we know one of them are completely incapable of shame. Well done City.
just read an article in the mail, where an alleged senior Liverpool executive was said to have claimed it is easy for City with an owner worth billions. I know its the mail, so probably dubious, but it shows the lengths some quarters will go to find fault whatever the club does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.