City Women - Champions and Continental Cup Winners 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bigga said:
kev20971 said:
Louisa Necib, isn't she rated as the best female footballer in Europe ? , Maybe MCWFC should put a bid in for her.

Why when the Americans pay better and have a bigger and better profile in the Women's game...??

City could pay her a million quid a week if they wanted. We're the richest club in football.

Damocles said:
Bigga said:
kev20971 said:
Louisa Necib, isn't she rated as the best female footballer in Europe ? , Maybe MCWFC should put a bid in for her.

Why when the Americans pay better and have a bigger and better profile in the Women's game...??

City could pay her a million quid a week if they wanted. We're the richest club in football.
She's still playing in France, maybe a move to England could be a lot easier then a move to America ! All I was asking was , do you think City should put a bid in for her , maybe she would say no any way !

kev20971 said:
Damocles said:
Bigga said:

She's still playing in France, maybe a move to England could be a lot easier then a move to America ! All I was asking was , do you think City should put a bid in for her , maybe she would say no any way !

Not much point. Under WSL rules, only four players per team can be paid more than £20,000/year. MCWFC have just signed a number of high-profile players; they'd have to get rid of one of them straight away or terminate the contract of one of last year's best players just to get her within the wage rules.

Falastur said:
kev20971 said:
Damocles said:

Not much point. Under WSL rules, only four players per team can be paid more than £20,000/year. MCWFC have just signed a number of high-profile players; they'd have to get rid of one of them straight away or terminate the contract of one of last year's best players just to get her within the wage rules.
I did hear something about only having a couple of professional players in your side, and last season we signed four England stars ie Toni Duggan, Jill Scott, Steph Houghton and Karen Bardsley. But the start of this season, didn't sign six new players (Nikita Parris on loan). Also i'm sure somebody said on the women football show, that City's players have gone full time now ?

Wonder if they've all got development/marketing jobs at the club but pay for next to nothing?

kev20971 said:
Falastur said:
kev20971 said:

I did hear something about only having a couple of professional players in your side, and last season we signed four England stars ie Toni Duggan, Jill Scott, Steph Houghton and Karen Bardsley. But the start of this season, didn't sign six new players (Nikita Parris on loan). Also i'm sure somebody said on the women football show, that City's players have gone full time now ?

They have all gone professional - it's just that most of them are professional on £20,000 a year, plus anything else they might do on the side (community work for City, I think some others of them do youth work etc). Point is, I can't see MCWFC not having their four token overbudget players, so they would have to trim someone from the side or slash their bumper salary (which I can't see them being happy with) in order to fit in a superstar extra signing.

Falastur said:
kev20971 said:
Falastur said:

They have all gone professional - it's just that most of them are professional on £20,000 a year, plus anything else they might do on the side (community work for City, I think some others of them do youth work etc). Point is, I can't see MCWFC not having their four token overbudget players, so they would have to trim someone from the side or slash their bumper salary (which I can't see them being happy with) in order to fit in a superstar extra signing.
Ok mate cheers, but still what a great player Louisa Necib is, also another great win for the women today, into the semi's now.

Bluep*ss said:
Won 3-1 in the FA Cup - into the semi's now.

City Women 3 Brum ladies 1

Thought they played well today and thoroughly deserved the win. First time we have beaten Brum in 4 games.

At 1 nil fairly early on I thought it was comfortable with Brum not creating too much but you just never know so it was great for Parris to score the 2nd. Christiansen does seem to knock in good free kicks. 2 nil should have been a stroll and it was looking like it. Lucy Bronze had come on to start her comeback after injury and looked very assured till she fell over and gifted a goal!! ( looked like her studs caught in the ground but at least no injury)

A few jittery signs followed but we always looked like scoring on the break and Jill Scott duly did so it's onto the semi final and maybe Wembley beckons.

Just a mention for one player. Jennifer Beattie. I thought she was very good today in that defensive midfield role and probably that's the best position for her. Strong powerful and a good athlete too and she mostly keeps it nice and simple. A very good acquisition for the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.