City+

Probably covered countless times but...
Why don't City just let people subscribe via a Sky channel like TNT Sports, Liverpool TV etc...

Surely they would attract more subscribers if viewers could seamlessly just choose the channel on their TV remotes?

Why don't City just let people subscribe via a Sky channel like TNT Sports, Liverpool TV etc...

Surely they would attract more subscribers if viewers could seamlessly just choose the channel on their TV remotes?
If they cannot get their app to work on a Firestick, what chance do they have of working with SKY.

Even when the app did work, it was almost embarrassing.
Honestly, a school kid could do better.

I have suggested to them to let "Dave" down the pub sort it for them.
He seems to be able to offer 5000 channels of live TV/Movies including HDR 4K with EPG, trailers and a rating system.
Updates weekly, and a live Telegram account for any problems....errrr so i've heard!

It was a purposeful choice at the beginning. City's comms team when the money came in, all sat down and drew up a plan and a big part of that plan was to modernise and do things differently than others.
Our YouTube channel was our TV channel, long before many clubs understood the reach that social media would have and when absolutely nobody was putting out the type of content that we were.
Inside City as an example, is something that City were the first to do in sports and is now been copied over and over. Back then, we were hungry and innovative and wanted to be as cutting edge as possible.

The digital output basically sucks now, both in terms of content and platform. Just like IBM, or Microsoft, or Google, or Amazon, the hot new startup who had a ton of fresh ideas to compete with the big boys has now become the big boys and the complacency has already set in as it always does with this type of thing.

It was a purposeful choice at the beginning. City's comms team when the money came in, all sat down and drew up a plan and a big part of that plan was to modernise and do things differently than others.
Our YouTube channel was our TV channel, long before many clubs understood the reach that social media would have and when absolutely nobody was putting out the type of content that we were.
Inside City as an example, is something that City were the first to do in sports and is now been copied over and over. Back then, we were hungry and innovative and wanted to be as cutting edge as possible.

The digital output basically sucks now, both in terms of content and platform. Just like IBM, or Microsoft, or Google, or Amazon, the hot new startup who had a ton of fresh ideas to compete with the big boys has now become the big boys and the complacency has already set in as it always does with this type of thing.
Cheers mate.
Makes sense.
I can't prise my three kids off bloody YouTube!! ;-)

Not content with withdrawing the city+ tv app. I now can’t get on to the full match replay from yesterday. It’s locked. Anyone else tried to watch it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.