City+

Just thought I would share our solution to watch matches streamed on the City app:

We launch the app on a iPhone, start the stream, and then connect the official iPhone-to-HDMI adapter (with HDMI cable attached and going to our TV).

It is a roundabout way, and is not perfect, as the cast video on our 60’ 4K UHD TV only takes up about 75% of the screen (with black empty space around it), but it does give you a much larger stream to view.

Just thought I would share our solution to watch matches streamed on the City app:

We launch the app on a iPhone, start the stream, and then connect the official iPhone-to-HDMI adapter (with HDMI cable attached and going to our TV).

It is a roundabout way, and is not perfect, as the cast video on our 60’ 4K UHD TV only takes up about 75% of the screen (with black empty space around it), but it does give you a much larger stream to view.
If you have a computer of any reasonable specs you can hook up to your TV with an hdmi cable you can open the website in a browser and watch it on there. Should be able to handle outputting in at least 1080p using the TV to do the rest of the up scailing if it doesn't have a dedicated graphics card

If you have a computer of any reasonable specs you can hook up to your TV with an hdmi cable you can open the website in a browser and watch it on there. Should be able to handle outputting in at least 1080p using the TV to do the rest of the up scailing if it doesn't have a dedicated graphics card
We do, but it is just easier to use the iPhone, as I use our personal laptops for browsing, health monitoring, and communication basically anytime I am awake now. And, at that point, given the viewing screen ratio by distance, most of the time you might as well just watch the stream on your computer.

You can also do it with iPad and with Android phones, as well.

I just wanted to offer that as a ‘quick and dirty’ solution for those having issues.

We do, but it is just easier to use the iPhone, as I use our personal laptops for browsing, health monitoring, and communication basically anytime I am awake now. And, at that point, given the viewing screen ratio by distance, most of the time you might as well just watch the stream on your computer.

You can also do it with iPad and with Android phones, as well.

I just wanted to offer that as a ‘quick and dirty’ solution for those having issues.
Thanks. Spent a fruitless morning trying to get a fix for my elderly Dad who has a Chromebook and Sony TV - Chromecast should work but couldn't do it. Think I'm going to have to invest in a cable and fingers crossed

Couldn't get City app to work on our TV and found this from 3 days ago saying that its been decommissioned

Unbelievable. It’s bad enough paying as much money to the club that I do for City+, matchday membership (and no guarantee of tickets) and they can’t even be arsed to invest in an app that works on the TV. I was hoping that they might have worked on integrating live streaming into the TV app as you couldn’t even do that…

I used to love re-watching old matches and documentaries on the TV app and now I’ll have to watch on a tablet instead.

Honestly parts of the club are a joke. Well, any part of the club that involves helping out fans.

Reactions: PPT
Which day is the match on? Ie tomorrow night at 00.30
Or is it Wednesday at 00.30

All this BST versus EDT dates/times is muddying the waters!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.