City's £30m Eto'o swoop

Re: City's £30m Eto'o swoop

I keep asking the same thing but...

Do you really see Kompany as a CB? or
Do you really think Hughes sees Kompany as a CB?

My expectation is that Kompany and DeJong will battle it out for the DM role. Whoever doesn't win will be on the bench - not slotted in elsewhere. Same with Richards and Zabba for RB. They may play somewhere else coming off the bench or if we are stuck though.

And while I'm at it. I see Tevez as competition for SWP. I' doubt we'd see them line up together unless again we are light for some reason (injuries, suspensions, substitutions etc). Do you really think Tevez is a front man.

TonyM said:

My expectation is that Kompany and DeJong will battle it out for the DM role. Whoever doesn't win will be on the bench - not slotted in elsewhere. Same with Richards and Zabba for RB. They may play somewhere else coming off the bench or if we are stuck though.

And while I'm at it. I see Tevez as competition for SWP. I' doubt we'd see them line up together unless again we are light for some reason (injuries, suspensions, substitutions etc). Do you really think Tevez is a front man.

I'm not too sure where people have got this idea from that Tevez is a right winger? I may be wrong, but surely his best position is 'in the hole'? In other words, Stephen Irelands current position!

If we could get any single forward that is realistically available (thereofre im not including the likes of torres or messi) then it is eto id go for....he has everything to make it in the prem and is different from the sort of strikers we already have in that he is able to play ont he shoulder of the last man and go past someone with pace, power and trickery......

a forward 4 including boj, eto, and (a rsc type player) and one other would have all bases covered

AJAY......Ive got a mole on my back and its itching but I dont want to scratch it as it might bleed....WHAT SHOULD I DO?

BlueSam said:
AJAY......Ive got a mole on my back and its itching but I dont want to scratch it as it might bleed....WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Not sure mate but I will ask the guys at ADUG and see if they allow me to tell you what they think :)

Exciting times indeed!

One question Ajay which you havn't quite answered from a few other posters...

Are the 2 players you were talking about the other week (without naming names if you don't want too) in this thread i.e. two out of Tevez, Eto or Barry?

Thanks for the updates as always Ajay x

------------------Given-----------------------
Zabaletta----Richards----Kompany----Bridge
---------------Ireland----Barry--------------
--------------------Tevez--------------------
Wright-Philips--------Eto'o-----------Robinho

Barry would be the holding midfield player while Ireland links the play between midfield and attack. Tevez can be the first line of defence by chasing and hasseling the opposition defenders when they have the ball. De Jong could be used away from home.

TonyM said:

Kompany is a CB...

looks like we are starting to see the club trying to get the targets in ASAP

interesting few weeks ahead

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.