City's £30m Eto'o swoop

Re: City's £30m Eto'o swoop

chorleybloo123 said:
Andouble said:
what if we'd sign Tevez AND Eto'o? Would they play in the same side? Can you really play both AND Robinho?

yes.

____________ETO'O_________
ROBINHO----------TEVEZ

Lots of options, sneaked Gareth Barry in there :)

Chelsea style 4-3-3

...................Eto'o..................
Robinho.........................Tevez
...........Barry.........Ireland........
....................DJ.....................

or 4-3-2-1

..................Eto'o....................
..........Robinho.....Tevez...........
....Barry........DJ.......Ireland.......

or even (w'out Barry) - 4-2-3-1

...................Eto'o..................
Robinho........Ireland........Tevez
............VK............DJ.............

Some midfielders may become impact subs/squad players for cover (SWP, Johnson, Petrov etc)

As I said in another thread, if Eto'o was seriously gonna sign for an Uzbekistani team at one point I reckon he is motivated by money enough to overlook the step down from a CL-winning side to an up and coming one.

PabZab said:
We can sign players but we can't register them until the 31st of June (I think, something like that) but for all intensive purposes they are our players and I am fairly sure we can ask for them to train.

It's "intents and purposes", not intensive... cf the "Oxford & Cambridge Act 1571" (<a class="postlink" href="http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/content.aspx?ActiveTextDocId=1518204" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/content.as ... Id=1518204</a>)

but in substance I think you are right...

Cambridgeblue said:
PabZab said:
We can sign players but we can't register them until the 31st of June (I think, something like that) but for all intensive purposes they are our players and I am fairly sure we can ask for them to train.

It's "intents and purposes", not intensive... cf the "Oxford & Cambridge Act 1571" (<a class="postlink" href="http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/content.aspx?ActiveTextDocId=1518204" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/content.as ... Id=1518204</a>)

but in substance I think you are right...

I don't based on the official transfer rules we can register players now

but in effect the outcomes the same

-------------------Eto'o---------------------

Robinho---------------------------------SWP............................Easily switch fluently over to a 4 man mid to play Rob upfront in a 2 :

------------Tevez-------Ireland--------------...........................Tevez-------Toure--------Ireland-------SWP

-------------------Toure---------------------

Bridge----Onuoha-----Kompany(C)--Richards

-------------------Given---------------------

Subs:
Hart
Zabaleta
Dunne
De Jong
Elano
Weiss/Boj
Bellamy

I smell success :)

sam221985 said:
As I said in another thread, if Eto'o was seriously gonna sign for an Uzbekistani team at one point I reckon he is motivated by money enough to overlook the step down from a CL-winning side to an up and coming one.

That was a ploy by his agent. He turned down Spurs because they weren't a big enough club last summer.

........................Given

..Richards...Kompany...Onuoha...Bridge

..........Barry...De Jong...Ireland

.....Tevez........................Robinho

.....................Eto'o

Fucking hell. Last week that team would of looked like a fantasy/un-realistic team. Now it seems it could happen. With the possibility of signing one or two class defenders, we are not far off, if not already in the top four. Much better than Arsenal's squad. Maybe we could get Toure or Clichy off them :D . It's looking good!

ASH-MCFC said:

Fucking hell. Last week that team would of looked like a fantasy/un-realistic team. Now it seems it could happen. With the possibility of signing one or two class defenders, we are not far off, if not already in the top four. Much better than Arsenal's squad. Maybe we could get Toure or Clichy off them :D . It's looking good!

maybe better starting XI. Better squad? No. And that's what will seperate us from the top 4.

Andouble said:
ASH-MCFC said:

maybe better starting XI. Better squad? No. And that's what will seperate us from the top 4.
Ok then. Sign a few more 'squad' players. I did say add 2 more class defenders. So if we did, and I was manager, I would have the likes of Richards, Bridge, SWP, Boj, Elano, Petrov on the bench. And then players like Bellamy, Zabaleta, Gelson, Caicedo, Weiss, Jo (maybe), and maybe a few young and squad players hughes may sign to go on the bench if we get injuries.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.