Citys american tour

I'm trying to get tickets to our friendly in Portland.

The cheapest I can find are $110 a seat. Some are priced at $300. This is for a friendly, and only offered to Portland Timers' season ticket holders.

The interest is not high yet, but it is growing.

NewbBlue said:

The cheapest I can find are $110 a seat. Some are priced at $300. This is for a friendly, and only offered to Portland Timers' season ticket holders.

They are £30, surely getting them couriered over will save save you a few quid?

Corky said:
NewbBlue said:

They are £30, surely getting them couriered over will save save you a few quid?

Do you have a link where I can buy them? :)

Over here they are only being offered to MLS season ticket holders. :(

I think ringing customer services on the main number or getting a fan to bring them over is your only chance.

The criteria is blow, I doubt we sold out though, thee is nothing on the site to say so, and I don't know anyone going.

Away tickets for City are personal sales or telephone only.

Portland Timbers v Manchester City FC – Saturday July 17, 7pm

Venue: Merlo Field, University of Portland

• Ticket price: £30 (concession prices do not apply)

• On sale:

Monday, June 21 – Seasoncard holders with 5000 or more loyalty points

Tuesday, June 22 – Seasoncard holders with 4000 or more loyalty points

Wednesday, June 23 - Seasoncard holders with 3000 or more loyalty points

Thursday, June 24 - Seasoncard holders with 2000 or more loyalty points

Friday, June 25 – Any Seasoncard holder

The Club has received a very limited allocation of tickets for this match. Tickets are strictly subject to availability.

Thirty loyalty points will be awarded to supporters who attend this fixture. Tickets will only be issued and loyalty points added on production of evidence of confirmed, named travel arrangements.

Tickets can be purchased in person at the Stadium Box Office or by telephone on 0870 062 1894 option 2, then option 3.

Corky said:
I think ringing customer services on the main number or getting a fan to bring them over is your only chance.

The criteria is blow, I doubt we sold out though, thee is nothing on the site to say so, and I don't know anyone going.

• On sale:

The Club has received a very limited allocation of tickets for this match. Tickets are strictly subject to availability.

Thirty loyalty points will be awarded to supporters who attend this fixture. Tickets will only be issued and loyalty points added on production of evidence of confirmed, named travel arrangements.

Tickets can be purchased in person at the Stadium Box Office or by telephone on 0870 062 1894 option 2, then option 3.

Oh good. It only cost me 182 dollars for my ticket. At least I get tickets to a bunch of other matches I won't go to though right? Though... the Boca Juniors match was fantastic.

uwerosler28 said:
Andouble said:
the same reason us yanks have to get up at 7am on a Sunday morning to watch us :)

if you're really going off the pot because if you want to watch some meaningless friendlies with fringe players late at night then maybe you need to get a job or something else worth complaining about more.

-- Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:30 pm --

and, of course, it all comes down to money. And don't say 'we are owned by the Sheikh, we don't need a cash grab'. This is a business.

How much extra money will this raise though teams have been trying to get america interested for years it wont happen, touring the asain market will reap much better rewards but then again cook can meet up with all his pals over there can he

why do you think the bigger clubs keep going back and its not just premier league clubs either in the last few years real madrid, the rags, chelsea, inter milan, ac milan to name a few have been there and will be going back again so there must be some value in these tours from a financial point of view not to mention the raising of the clubs profile on a global scale which in turn raises the profile of the shiek and abu dhabi
the idea of these tours is not for us local fans to go really if a fortunate few can do it good on them, its about ex-pats new fans and more importantly breaking into the big commercial revenues out there and the possibility of a big sponsorship deal etc look at the rags AIG massive deal and were where they from oh that's right America

some blues need to start looking at the bigger picture and realise where this club is going and its going there fast so if you can't keep up bale out
lets stick with macc and stockport away, that will really catapult us into the big time haha

DalbeyINUK said:
Corky said:

• On sale:

Tickets can be purchased in person at the Stadium Box Office or by telephone on 0870 062 1894 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              0870 062 1894      end_of_the_skype_highlighting option 2, then option 3.

Oh good. It only cost me 182 dollars for my ticket. At least I get tickets to a bunch of other matches I won't go to though right? Though... the Boca Juniors match was fantastic.
They made you sign up for one of those mini-season package things?

NEBlue1 said:
DalbeyINUK said:
They made you sign up for one of those mini-season package things?

Yeah. To be fair to them, the deal is really very good. And I have fantastic seats. But I am just not that interested in the Timbers and likely won't go to more then a quarter of the matches. I only really have room for one football team ;) .

I dont know Dalbey, I can think of worse places to spend a summers evening than watching a live football match!!! Thats especially true if its easy to get there! Havent been to a game here in donkeys years. The stadium is in New Jersey and its a ball ache to get to!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.