Citys best ever captain.

first that comes to mind would be Dunney, but since he's been mentioned several times, someone who I equally remember for better and for worse is Danny Tiatto.

Danny Tiatto was nothing more than a thug, IMHO.

He had no finesse and very little skill. His main asset was his speed.

In fact, his only asset was his speed.

Danny Tiatto was nothing more than a thug, IMHO.

He had no finesse and very little skill. His main asset was his speed.

In fact, his only asset was his speed.

That's a sentiment shared by many and that side of his will always be remembered as the worse of his streak not denying that. But he was also one of our best players in a team where we forced our way up the leagues and promotions. We lacked tactical depth but we had a burly amount of fight that got us out of tight corners. Not only Tiatto. In the context that we were in then, he was fit for purpose.

Tony book then Mike Doyle for me true city legends which I was fortunate to see.

Was Steve Lomas ever thrown the Armband?
On a serious note, I have followed city since the early 90s and in that time (25years) Kompany stands head and shoulders above the rest. Morrison and Curle deserve a mention for being standout players. Peter Reid as player manager was like having a wise old man on the pitch, literally.
Unfortunately old is the main attribute I garnish of Peter Reid's playing days at City. And I'd include tired. But I do remember him scoring a late winner at Aston Villa for City when it was a place we historically hardly ever got a favourable result at.

I will keep my council on that one,met him and not impressed at all.Talks a good game on that side but agree as a footballer.
Everyone's allowed an off-day, mate.

I'd plump for Paul Power. Such a shame we never got to see him lift the FA Cup in '81. Slight blemish on our support the way we was so under appreciated in his time at City.

For lifting the ultimate domestic prize Cowan, Book and Kompany also deserve a mention. To carry a team to that achievement over the course of a long and winding season is worthy of much merit.

I loved Dave Watson, although I'm not sure if he qualifies as a great captain. He great and a captain, but that's not the same as a great captain.
Still, brilliant player (imo) and rarely gets a mention.

Colin bell for me, if not struck down in his prime he would have been also one of England's all time greats

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.