City's best ever goal mouth scramble.... 29 years ago today!

We played them a few times in the 80s, twice at least. I've a feeling this one was the second or even third time. The first was the wildest. The Daily Mirror had a series of photos from that day (I'd guess around 83) showing City fans running wild, including climbing walls and invading the pitch. I put them on here once, years ago, but I think they've vanished now. Will have a look.

I think we played them about 2 years apart (maybe 88 and 90?), and we lost the other one 1-0?

We beat them 2-1 midweek around that time perhaps a little earlier, the rags lost in the LC to someone like Watford/Oxford on the same night.

Buzzing on the coach to the Buzzcocks on the way home.

Wow great memories!! I was stood with my cousin next to the pylon that you can see, ended up right at the fence without either of our feet touching the ground. Also remember standing next to a floodlight in a cup game at Notts County, must have been around a similar time but the intervening years have clouded the memory somewhat!! Can anyone recall when that Notts County game might have been??

Wow great memories!! I was stood with my cousin next to the pylon that you can see, ended up right at the fence without either of our feet touching the ground. Also remember standing next to a floodlight in a cup game at Notts County, must have been around a similar time but the intervening years have clouded the memory somewhat!! Can anyone recall when that Notts County game might have been??
We had 2 really big followings at County, the 3-2 loss when it kicked off before promotion and the 1-0 FA cup defeat when we should have won 8-1.

It was one of the maddest celebrations I've ever been involved in. I was tucked round the side of the corner flag next to a crappy old stand with a side panel of battered perspex and chicken mesh, looking right across the goal-line at the bank of Blues behind the goal. Other than Dickov at Wembley I don't think I've ever witnessed such carnage. Happy happy days!
I actually didn't see the ball hit the back of the net... I was right at the front in the corner of the section nearest to the goalposts. The crowd movement during the scramble was all over the place, and someone shot and the ball hit the post or the bar and I jumped up, hit the deck and put my hands over my face in disbelief - and then had like 10 lads jump all over me going mental!
Even watching that video clip, I'm still not certain who actually scored!

i honestly dont think a foul was committed in that scramble, absolutely awesome.

There must've been a foul in there somewhere. Todays referee's would've blown the whistle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.