City's greatest ever players

The trouble with Bell was He was such a miserable bugger he could score a vital goal and simply just turn around and walk back to the centre circle showing no emotion. He did have an engine like a Ferrari though and was vital to our success at the time.

Started watching in 1954 and I would go for Bert, Colin Bell ( obviously ), Aguero, Silva and Yaya ( as a player only not a person ) and I loved Bernarbia who sadly came to us at the wrong end of his career.

As for Bell being ( a miserable bugger ) , I couldn't care less whether he celebrated a goal or not, as he was a truly superb player, and having spoken to him for some length, he is a very pleasant and genuine person to boot !

There's an old timer goes in my local, says Law scored 5 possibly 6 in a game that was later abandoned due to waterlogged pitch, only for his goals not to count. Says it's the best City performance he's ever seen. If he is telling the truth, then that plus back heeling them into div 2 is well worth it.

The best performances I've ever seen in a City shirt.
1, Wanchope away at Leeds, he was totally unplayable, we won 2-1. Anyone there that night will remember.
2, Benarbia at Sheffield Wednesday. Never seen a midfield display like it.
3, Silva at WBA first game of the season. Simply delightful.
4, Hart in Barcelona last season. Unreal.
5, Berkovic in the Derby that Anelka was supposed to have handled the ball and we were robbed of the winner. He totally bossed that game. * would love it if someone could remember that game and what year it was.

Obviously I'd add our current favourites to the top 50, Hart, Kompany, Ya Ya, Silva and Aguero. Tevez on effort and talent makes it too for me.

I'd also like to see the inclusion of Benarbia and Berkovic.
Wanchope at Leeds! He was phenomenal that night! For me though Ali at Sheffield Wed was beyond anything I have ever seen live.

People shouldn't forget that Doherty lost his peak years to WW2.

Some of the olde boys reckoned him better than finney...

I love the fact colin the king simply turned around and got on with it....though numerous times i've seen him shake hands or pat the provider of his chance...nowadays we've got fuzzy head running around nearly having a coranory after converting a penalty.

Were watching Citys most successful ever team in a standard of league much greater when we were last successful. On that basis alone you could probably end up making a case for chucking around ten players into that top 50.

Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Zaba, Hart, Kompany, Tevex definitely and Dzeko, Barry would also probably eclipse the likes of David White, Richard Dunne for me.

I'd agree.

Bernabia would get in my list too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.