City's Hardest Ever Player

Citysmith said:
The first name that popped into my head when I saw the title of the thread was Andy Morrison. He was one hard, mad, bastard..

On a different note wasn't Wio Ferdinand hard when Kompany scored that bullet of a header against the rags?
2979854293.jpg

Wonder if Ferdinand is shouting take it! take it! take it! to our vinny ;)

in reverse order from 1968 to present day,,,,,Oakes, Doyle, Watson, Gow, Reid, Morrison and believe it or not....the hardest by a distance ( but none of you will believe it ) was a player called Kit Symmons ( heard Joe Royle once say he was THE hardest he's ever seen and he played against Hunter, Bremner, Harris, Jack Charlton, Kenny Burns, the lot ).

Honourable mentions to SWP ( stand up against anyone ) and Benarbia ( got his teeth knocked out, picked em up, threw em over touchline and carried on without even a wince ).

we had hard forwards in our 68 title winning side lee, summerbee coleman could all handle themselves, nelly lee was the hardest though

Big Swifty said:
Roy Paul, no question. Skipper in 1955 & 56 finals. Hard as nails. Any older fans agree? Iron man.
Roy Paul had various 'liaisons' with the certain wives at a certain club. He said to a bloke I used to know that he stayed well away from Bert Trautmann's missus, for fear of being snapped in half. Although Bert wasn't given to acting the hardman, apparently he was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.