City's New Badge - Do You Like It?

Fantastic news!

Great badge and back to the proper City kit. I remember as a kid going to Maine Rd and David White was my hero, we had the round badge and the navy socks and sung "the best team in the land and all the world". I never thought we'd be able to sing that song and actually mean it.

The club changed so much, silly turkey badge, silly blue shorts, it was unrecognisable from the City of the 80s.

But next season, we'll have the round badge back, and we'll be wearing the proper City kit with navy blue socks. And David Silva, probably our greatest player ever will be wearing that same kit that David White and Paul Lake did all those years ago.

We could conceivably be singing "the best team in the land and all the world" and it would be true. What a fucking journey it's been.
When I started watching City, the socks were sky blue and white hoops, followed, IIRC, by sky blue with a mauve top with 2 stripes.

Must be a quiet week. Saw this thread and thought we had changed our badge again. Turns out not

When I started watching City, the socks were sky blue and white hoops, followed, IIRC, by sky blue with a mauve top with 2 stripes.

Yeh we’ve all got our own different experiences, guessing you started watching in the 50s then? You must have seen some sights in your time.

I know a lot of fans who grew up in the 60s and 70s loved the maroon turnover socks. A lot of fans I know who grew up in the 80s love the navy socks. Guess it comes down to your earliest memory of City a lot of the time what you prefer.

Yeh we’ve all got our own different experiences, guessing you started watching in the 50s then? You must have seen some sights in your time.

I know a lot of fans who grew up in the 60s and 70s loved the maroon turnover socks. A lot of fans I know who grew up in the 80s love the navy socks. Guess it comes down to your earliest memory of City a lot of the time what you prefer.

Being 25 my earliest memories are the 90’s, lucky me! So had a mixture, even the laser blue shirts - which are a big no no for me!

My first choice is navy socks as no one else wears sky blue shirt, white shorts and navy socks in world football. It’s intrinsic in Manchester and has been since the formation of the club.

Failing that I do like the blue socks with maroon turnover but I think we need to forge an identity on the European stage and beyond.

The best way with the kit is sky blue shirt, white shorts and navy socks.

We should stick with this indefinitely I think.

Being 25 my earliest memories are the 90’s, lucky me! So had a mixture, even the laser blue shirts - which are a big no no for me!

My first choice is navy socks as no one else wears sky blue shirt, white shorts and navy socks in world football. It’s intrinsic in Manchester and has been since the formation of the club.

Failing that I do like the blue socks with maroon turnover but I think we need to forge an identity on the European stage and beyond.

The best way with the kit is sky blue shirt, white shorts and navy socks.

We should stick with this indefinitely I think.

Good man, totally agree with what you said.

As soon as you see sky blue shirts, white shorts and navy socks, you know it’s Manchester City. It couldn’t possibly be any other team. It’s uniquely identifiable as us, that’s why I love it too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.