City's New Kits - 2019/20

See my post on traditions which was the most level headed and detailed breakdown on how traditions evolve over time. Backed up by facts and history alone. Worth bookmarking for educational purposes.

Now, please forgive me for being slightly shocked at people losing their heads at a selection of football kits they’ve never ever seen.

It’s all a bit mental really.

549-ED657-EF2-A-4-D0-B-9-E07-730276-A3-BACA.jpg

You can’t use the exception to make the rule, as you should be aware given you are levelheaded in these matters. If you had stopped at that post I wouldn’t have needed to say anything.

It seems you are requesting quotes to support my position, so here are just a few. Quite literally just a few, as you have to be one of (if not the) most prolific contributors to the thread. Again, the irony abounds.

The last one is particularly humorous. As I said before, “rabid” and “bizarre” are words that could also be used to describe your rampant adversarial behaviour in the thread.

Just building false hope tweets like this. The colour schemes were confirmed by Footy Headlines ages ago.

Yeah.

When they said black kit I presumed it would be a black primary coloured kit, and when they said the away would be yellow, I presumed that would mean it was a primary yellow kit.

Chill man.

You wouldn’t be happy unless we had the exact same kit which fit your exact requirements every single season :)

We’ve got the exact thing you crave this season for the most part.

As long as the base colours are right, blue shirts/white shorts then they’re fine to play around with it as they see fit. Some will be good and some will be bad. The only time to be bothered really is when it’s like 16/17 where it barely even resembles a City kit because the core colours are all over the place.

You know what the worse selling City home shirt was this decade? The 10/11 shirt. You know why? Because it barely evolved from the previous year so a lot of people just stuck with what they had.

If for one year they want to change the colour of the sponsor and a pattern on top of the sleeve then it’s barely an issue. You won’t see it at the game, you’ll barely see it on TV and the kids who mostly wear it won’t be arsed about it.

Worst selling home shirt of this decade that.

Why? Because it wasn’t different enough from the year before.

Great shirt but you can’t have the same thing every single year.

Worry when they change the colour of the sleeves and shorts but don’t be too arsed when they mix up the trim.

What about it? Nothing wrong with mixing it up with a different trim colour now and then as long as it’s not overbearing to the overall kit.

You won’t even notice it from the stands either where all you’ll see is a blue shirt with white shorts.

I’d say the moment to be overly concerned is when they start making the sleeves a different colour or mixing up the shorts as has been done in recent years, not when there’s a purple band on the shoulder or when the sponsor logo text is that same colour as well.

Collar looks decent, good shade of blue, no crazy pattern in the shirt, nothing too drastic on the sleeves, white shorts. Sounds good to me.

If you’re a 16 year old fashion student I’d understand your argument. I kinda hope you are really.

Tbh, I like the look of it because it looks better than the vast majority of shirts we’ve had over the last decade.

All this over a bit of purple on the shoulders.

Crazy.

Imagine being this upset over a bit of purple on the shoulder.

Small time.

To be fair, it sounds like they wanted to do something a little different this season anyway with the anniversary shirt also available.

And some will still criticise without actually even seeing the full real shirt/kit or even if it differs slightly from their own personal perfect image of a City kit.

Listen, you’re proper weird but I’ll engage.

We’re worn loads of home shirts in our history with no white on them. We’ve even had a couple over the last few years.

Since we’re getting a super traditional 125th anniversary home shirt, it looks like they want to try something a bit different with the home. It’s still a blue shirt. It’s white shorts.

I’ll wait until I see the kits to form mine.

Ps

You’re just irritated that I pointed out City have never worn a cross ;)

Insane.

A grown man over a football kit.

You can’t use the exception to make the rule, as you should be aware given you are levelheaded in these matters. If you had stopped at that post I wouldn’t have needed to say anything.

It seems you are requesting quotes to support my position, so here are just a few. Quite literally just a few, as you have to be one of (if not the) most prolific contributors to the thread. Again, the irony abounds.

I’d be happy to go through your own posts every single time the club unveil new kits (or every time they’re just rumoured) and pick out far worse posts. The relentless negativity that comes when a kit doesn’t match your exact ‘vision’. Unfortunately I’m not sad enough to do that.

Some of those posts about the kits are nail on the head and bang accurate in terms of information.

Am I guilty of reacting to false information, or over the top negative reactions? Yeah I can be, but again your own post doesn’t shown what I was sometimes responding to.

My posts on the subject are miles beyond what you’ve provided and in truth some of it is even evidenced there. Thank you.

Ps

Maybe I am Sad enough after all :)

Keep up the good work.

522-EF7-F5-FEA7-4171-8-C43-182-E7-FC4-E502.jpg

Where to go from here indeed.

Last edited:
I’d be happy to go through your own posts every single time the club unveil new kits (or every time they’re just rumoured) and pick out far worse posts. The relentless negativity that comes when a kit doesn’t match your exact ‘vision’. Unfortunately I’m not sad enough to do that.

Some of those posts about the kits are nail on the head and bang accurate in terms of information.

Am I guilty of reacting to false information, or over the top negative reactions? Yeah I can be, but again your own post doesn’t shown what I was sometimes responding to.

But my posts on the subject are miles beyond what you’ve provided.
Beyond the fact that you are now asserting you are the head arbiter of content quality on here (not really helping your case there), you’re arguing a different point to mine.

I am not questioning the relative value of your posts, I am calling out your behaviour in relation to other blues in this thread specifically (notice I haven’t done it in other threads, as it only seems on this subject that you are extremely abrasive and adversarial), which I only felt the need to do because of the hypocrisy rampant in it. I had/have no issue with your substantive posts (I actually liked the one you quoted earlier, actually).

I’ll leave it there, though, as I am obviously not changing your mind and you’re not changing mine.

I will just say I don’t think there is anything wrong with blues sharing their thoughts about our club’s 19/20 kits (positive or negative, even based on rumours, conjecture, or limited leaks) in the 19/20 kits thread on a City online discussion forum. And I also don’t have any issue with blues being invested in the design of our club’s kits, as you most certainly are.

We’re all grown men and women, who can be invested in whatever we fancy, after all.

Edit in response to your edit:

Not doing yourself any favours with that, mate.

Last edited:
Beyond the fact that you are now asserting you are the head arbiter of content quality on here (not really helping your case there), you’re arguing a different point to mine.

I am not questioning the relative value of your posts, I am calling out your behaviour in relation to other blues in this thread specifically (notice I haven’t done it in other threads, as it only seems on this subject that you are extremely abrasive and adversarial), which I only felt the need to do because of the hypocrisy rampant in it. I had/have no issue with your substantive posts (I actually liked the one you quoted earlier, actually).

I’ll leave it there, though, as I am obviously not changing your mind and you’re not changing mine.

I will just say I don’t think there is anything wrong with blues sharing their thoughts about our club’s 19/20 kits (positive or negative, even based on rumours, conjecture, or limited leaks) in the 19/20 kits thread on a City online discussion forum. And I also don’t have any issue with blues being invested in the design of our club’s kits, as you most certainly are.

We’re all grown men and women, who can be invested in whatever we fancy, after all.

Anyway best put each other on ignore.

Both just spoiling the thread now.

If it was that, I wouldn’t mind it (though, it would be a bit plain for an away kit).

Aren’t there meant to be yellow chevron’s/stripes on one of the sleeves and light blue/pink cuffs, as well, though?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.