City's New Kits - 2019/20

Just think 20 years ago these colours were not synonymous with us when first brought out

Now they are synonymous for where we have come from and how far

Away kits can change but home kit must always be traditional

Light blue shirt, white shorts, either light blue socks with MAROON turnover or dark blue socks
I wouldn’t say maroon on the socks was particularly traditional for City. We’ve had maroon on the socks for just 9 years of our 125 year history. We’ve only had maroon turnovers on the socks for 5 years of 125.

We’ve had white socks for 7 years. And have been wearing white socks away from home when we’ve worn our home shirt this season.

Also:
P8.jpg

e40f905377d7661f4b5852f53dff1e33.jpg

776901-817-f-1000-01.2688.jpg

2-mcfc-third-shirt-18-19-min.jpg

I wouldn’t say maroon on the socks was particularly traditional for City. We’ve had maroon on the socks for just 9 years of our 125 year history. We’ve only had maroon turnovers on the socks for 5 years of 125.

We’ve had white socks for 7 years. And have been wearing white socks away from home when we’ve worn our home shirt this season.

Yes but out of them seasons we won the league in 68 wearing maroon turnover so synonymous with us

Majority City fans want either light blue with maroon or dark blue

I think the reason people see it as memorable is because it was on the socks when...

- Winning the league in 1968.
- Winning the FA Cup and breaking the trophy-less streak in 2011.
- Winning the league with 100 points.

Some of the greatest moments in our history basically. A lot of people would also say that the 68 kit is almost the definitive Manchester City kit. I wasn’t even born then but when I see Colin Bell in that kit I can’t help but think ‘that’s Manchester City’s proper kit’.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.