City's spending this summer.

sjk2008 said:
Tbf, the main things I've been hearing from "pundits" and the likes of TS are that City have done very well this summer. Bought well, bought early so they can gel them quicker, and how the signings already look the part. Not much negative stuff this year, IMO.

Where fuck have you been for the past 3 months

Sefiruso said:
The media will always try and sensationalize a story involving teams like City, Chelsea, PSG and Monaco etc while not battering an eyelid when a Madrid, Barcelona or Manchester United do similar. It's something I've personally grown accustomed to. If fans of these teams want to get on their high horse and claim some form of moral victory then they can do so.

As long as Manchester City are player good football and are right up there challenging for major honors i couldn't give a hoot what for example a Manchester United fan thinks. It's rather hilarious actually when they do make those kind of comments. They come across as bitter that little old City now have a brilliant team and are actually challenging. Leave them too it is what i say.

The thing that annoys me are the City fans who criticize our club. In the past day alone the amount of negative comments surrounding Denis Suarez has been amazing. Yes the boy had bags of potential but he was in the last year of his contract and Barcelona came swooping in for him. Things like this happen in football. I've heard a few fans banging on about how pointless our youth system is. How it's not developing players and how no player from our youth system will ever make the XI yes ever!!! I know City fans are known as being slightly pessimistic, but our owners are fantastic, our squad is one of it not the best in the league. People need to sit back relax ignore the press, ignore bitter rival fans and more importantly get behind the project that's in full flow.

Understatement of the year, if you read some of threads on here lately, you would think we have the biggest bunch of moaning bastards in football.

Damocles said:
I seem to think that City spent under £20m net last year too.

But of course the media left that part out and only focused on how we spent about the same as the scum. WHich convienantly leaves out the fatc that they didn't sell any players, only added and routinely leave out the money they spend in January. I seem to remember the Rags spending an awful lot of money in 2011 after winning the league and nobody made a fuss about how much the champions spent but even though we barely spent at all last year it being a big talking point about how we were the champs so we shouldn't need to spend money.

sjk2008 said:
Tbf, the main things I've been hearing from "pundits" and the likes of TS are that City have done very well this summer. Bought well, bought early so they can gel them quicker, and how the signings already look the part. Not much negative stuff this year, IMO.

Maybe, but they - BT, Sty, talkshite, BBC, as well as the ragtops - all love to mentioned the fact, over and over again, that we have spent £90 million this Summer.

I have rarely, if ever heard any mention of reducing the wage bill or the fact that Balo, Carlos, Kolo, RSC, etc are no longer on the are no longer employees of MCFC.

In this year alone we have received £20 mill for Balotelli, £10 for Tevez, £8 mill for Suarez and £2 mill loan fee for Sinclair that makes a grand total of £40 million as well as getting RSC, Kolo Toure and Bridge off the wage bill. The wage bill for all them players must have been around £700,000 per week a saving of around £30 million a year. Will the press hunt this down? I don't think so.

ardwickboy said:
In this year alone we have received £20 mill for Balotelli, £10 for Tevez, £8 mill for Suarez and £2 mill loan fee for Sinclair that makes a grand total of £40 million as well as getting RSC, Kolo Toure and Bridge off the wage bill. The wage bill for all them players must have been around £700,000 per week a saving of around £30 million a year. Will the press hunt this down? I don't think so.

Exactly.

Don't forget that selling tevez saved the club 26 million with fee,saved wages and no bonus to pay him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.