City's wage bill

blue_paul said:
Excellent post Bob and sums up my own fears about the situation. As you've seen some City fans just want to bury their heads in the sand.

It's understandable. It was the same thing with Chelsea lot when we won our first title in fifty years under Mourinho in 2005.

It's natural that the City support are too excited about the prospects of success on the pitch to care much about anything else. I'd feel the same way, just wanted to share my view on possible obstacles along the way.

blue_paul said:
Excellent post Bob and sums up my own fears about the situation. As you've seen some City fans just want to bury their heads in the sand.

Nothing to do with burying your head in the sand, it's about knowing ALL the facts. You don't know them and i don't know them so let's just see how it pans out eh before we all start shitting ourselves. The rentboys seemed to have managed so far haven't they?

Do you seriously think our owners haven't thought this one out?

stop flapping we ve not finished offloading them yet..plus our sponsors are paying us more (yep i know keep it in the family)..looking good to me unless you want the likes of samaras back to keep the wage bill down

MCFC are speculating ATM. When we win a pot and qualify for CL the money will begin to roll in.

Sheiks buy MCFC 200million,
Sheiks buy players 200 million,
Total outlay 400million so far. (only modest estimate)

That's cheaper than buying Bin-dippers straight out and over 100% cheaper than Rags.
Revenues will increase with winning, the more we win the less Rags win and their revenue goes down meaning we can get "more value in the market (Baconface quote)"

C1TY4LIFE said:
Reports on wage bill (year)

The Times - £110M (could reach £120M if we get all our targets)
The Sun - £100M
The Mirror - £100M

Seems alright to me considering Chelsea's is £150M..............well so the papers and media say so it must be true.

How this being a downfall is beyond me if aything this is wonders for the economy just imagine all the Tax this country is making off teams like City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool. People aren't bothered about the money spent but just pissed off because there are people out there playing a sport we all love and earning a fortune, I personally think this is right I even think getting 10k a week is beyond a joke for playing a sport, but I don't think the country would benifit enough from 10k as it is from lets say 100k+ per player, for instance Yaya is on 220k but only earns 120k from it then abviously his agent gets a share of that (I assume) thats 100k from 1 player.

So I would like to take the time to say thank you Yaya and the rest of our team for helping out our economy in this time of need :0)

You need to stop reading the red tops pal.

is it just me or does anyone else think that we'll just sign a new sponsorship deal with etihad or one of the other family companies for about 50-100 mil a year and then eufa can say nothing. either that or before the new ruling comes to effect they leave a little gift in the man city account of however many million to spend over the next few years whilst we build our "brand" and become a more economically viable outfit.

it seems that a few city fans and a lot of other fans view this whole scenario as "a sheiks play thing" and we'll be dropped like a hot potato soon enough but i don't see it like that so am not tooo concerned for the near future. once the abu dhabi oil runs out they as a country will be up the creek so it up to them now to spread the name of their country and family name throughout the world, especially as tourism is a major way for them to expand their income in the coming years. so the ambitions of the club can be viewed as the ambitions of the nation (maybe ott but you get the picture)

never mind the fact that in a few years time the club will probably be run as a loss leader to the rest of the commercial developments they will be involved in around eastlands. i don't want to typecast any race or nation but pride and prestige seem to be quite prevolent amongst those of the gulf states and running the best team in the world (give it a few years) is probably even more enticing to them than any potential profits.

most of the players dont earn any more than the ceo's of major companies or the banks that have left many of us in the shit, we may not like it but its all market driven and at the top end you pay top dollar. i genuinly see this as a long term partnership so here's to the future

The owners will have a fairly robust business plan.

I'm only guessing but this is my take on the wages thing.
At the moment we can only attract better players with the "the project" and very attractive salary packages.

In 4 to 5 years time the owners are expecting the attraction of City to be much more. Regular Champions League football and even possibly winners! This will mean salary packages will be more in line with our competitors and contracts will have run down on the recent signings.

Don't panic. Our owners are very shrewd.

If Yaya Toure, the greedy bastard that he is, took an almost negligible cut in wages (say to around 150K a week), we might get our seasoncards free next year.

But why should he? Or any other player for that matter? Why would they care about us?

Football: the beautiful game.

Further reading:

MANCHESTER City may be the richest club in the world - but their fans are among the poorest in Britain.
Supporters of the mega-rich Eastlands outfit - who have shelled out nearly £100million in summer transfers - came a lowly third from bottom in a study to find Britain's wealthiest fans.

The report found the average fan of the Arab-owned club has an annual salary of £20,335, drives a car worth £5,000 and lives in a £132,000 house.

Poor result ... it's Fiesta time for many Man City fans
But Chelsea fans emerged as England's richest - dwarfing City supporters' bank balances with a typical pay packet of £31,435 a year.

They also live the life, with a set of wheels worth an average £17,000 and a house worth around £202,000.

Second place in the Football Fan Rich List were Tottenham Hotspur supporters, followed by their arch-rivals at Arsenal.

Fans of newly-promoted Burnley came bottom of the league.

blue_paul said:
Would anyone else agree that we've awarded ridiculous wages to incoming players which has potential to really come back and bite us in the arse?
I'll elaborate......There seems to be ongoing negotiations with Balotelli's people about what salary he is to pick up. We've been hearing noises coming out of City that we don't want to pay over the odds, either in transfer fees or players wages but this is completely at odds with the clubs policy since the new owners took over.
Stopped reading there, as you've got it all wrong already. Balotelli has agreed personal terms and is reportedly picking up €3.5m per year. The stumbling block is the transfer fee we're paying to Inter, so the whole reasoning behind starting this topic has been created on false assumptions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.