City's worst manager of all time

moomba said:
Shaelumstash said:
Pearce did awful, irrespective of any conditions. 5m on Samaras is an absolute disgrace. He's the only manager that has ever made me question whether I want to go the game or give my ticket away for free.

If you have to sell your best players, and resort to bargain basement buys, frees and loans to replace them then your doing well to stand still.

Samaras may have been a waste (only manager that hasn't made a bad buy is the manager that has never bought anyone), and the football was dull but we stayed in the league and thats OK by me. Also bought Hart who is worth much more than what we paid for Samaras.

Bargain basement buys? Samaras was the 2nd most expensive player in our history at the time. Staying in the league is not enough for me, we finished 7th the season before.

His philosophy on football was keep a clean sheet and don't even consider trying to score a goal, at least you won't get beat. Wonder if he realises now that if you draw every game 0-0 you get relegated.

We started the Pearce era in 12th, sold £20m worth of players and ended the Pearce era in 14th. Yes, we had a period where we didn't score at home for eight months, but starting in 12th, selling £20m of players, and ending 14th, is not the worst record of a City manager.

blue since 69 said:
Big Mal Because without Joe he started the downward spiral that took so many years to recover from.
this<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:09 pm --<br /><br />don,t see ron saunders or john benson getting much grief on here

Shaelumstash said:
moomba said:
Shaelumstash said:
Pearce did awful, irrespective of any conditions. 5m on Samaras is an absolute disgrace. He's the only manager that has ever made me question whether I want to go the game or give my ticket away for free.

If you have to sell your best players, and resort to bargain basement buys, frees and loans to replace them then your doing well to stand still.

Samaras may have been a waste (only manager that hasn't made a bad buy is the manager that has never bought anyone), and the football was dull but we stayed in the league and thats OK by me. Also bought Hart who is worth much more than what we paid for Samaras.

Bargain basement buys? Samaras was the 2nd most expensive player in our history at the time. Staying in the league is not enough for me, we finished 7th the season before.

His philosophy on football was keep a clean sheet and don't even consider trying to score a goal, at least you won't get beat. Wonder if he realises now that if you draw every game 0-0 you get relegated.

I dont like him and I always hope he loses as a manager

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Shaelumstash said:
moomba said:

Could not agree more mate! It's a shame, cos as a player I used to love him.

nevilletogoater-in said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Shaelumstash said:

Could not agree more mate! It's a shame, cos as a player I used to love him.

My question has always been, "What next for Pearce"? I doubt he will ever be handed the senior England Manager's job and he can't stay under-21 manager forever. So if he isn't going to progress in the Engalnd set-up, who would give him a job based on his managerial efforts so far?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.