City's worst manager of all time

Alan Ball. This bloke was really the first manager i ever remember and he started everything that was bad about City during my early supporting years. What were they thinking!!

BigJoe#1 said:
peoffrey said:
BigJoe#1 said:
Why would bet with you at even money when I could get 4/1 at the Bookies...?? My original statement was get your money on, and yes, I'll take your bet at thise odds.

Sits back and waits for............... ??

I don't want to bring the Bookies in to this. You're too frightened to bet with me and are proving how ignorant you are. I'd take your £100 and buy a round of drinks for everyone in the Pub.

Excuse me?? I am not scared to bet with you just too sensible. Has absolutely nothing to do with "ignorance" (heaven kows where that comes from).

Lets review this at Christmas, you go down and put your £100 on Rangers to stay up probably odds of 4/6 and I'll put my £20 on them to go down. Then we can all be happy.

Still doen't change the fact he is a shit manager and the worst I have seen at city in 43 years of supporting them.
You never saw Ball, Clark, Frizzell, Benson, Allison (mk 2), Neal, Coppell etc etc?

Re: Citys worst manager of all time.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
alan ball

Frank Clark

John Benson should get ore mentions than he does on these threads.
Got to Frank Clark this was a very hard time to watch City.

jimharri said:
BigJoe#1 said:
peoffrey said:
I don't want to bring the Bookies in to this. You're too frightened to bet with me and are proving how ignorant you are. I'd take your £100 and buy a round of drinks for everyone in the Pub.

Excuse me?? I am not scared to bet with you just too sensible. Has absolutely nothing to do with "ignorance" (heaven kows where that comes from).

Lets review this at Christmas, you go down and put your £100 on Rangers to stay up probably odds of 4/6 and I'll put my £20 on them to go down. Then we can all be happy.

Still doen't change the fact he is a shit manager and the worst I have seen at city in 43 years of supporting them.
You never saw Ball, Clark, Frizzell, Benson, Allison (mk 2), Neal, Coppell etc etc?

I Saw them all Jim (regularly) I saw them all, like I saw us fail to beat Burnley, lose to Forest (Div 1), lose to Brighton (Div 1).

The difference being Hughes had spent a shedload of money, the others had not.

This thread is about the worst manager which in my mind is cumilation of things such as, succces, spending, style, man management to neam but a few. When you take all these into consideration and weight them, Hughes was was by far and away, in my opinion, the worst. Happy for others to have think otherwise.

spam1967 said:
cityboy5 said:
black mamba said:
Steve Coppell .....

complete waste of time appointing this guy , job was too big for him , and he didn't really want it anyway!
Why did he leave so quickly ?

apparantly he was on the way to a nervous breakdown.

that was the chat at the time.

fuckin puff.

be interesting to see what he says in autobiography.
Someone said he fancied Michael frontzek but it was probably rubbish .

Alan Ball is the worst manager we've ever had. I was in Corfu sat on the dock when I heard the news from another City fan. I've never been more tempted to commit suicide ever cos I just knew it was the beginning of a whole world of shit.

Pearce was pretty grim too.

Alan Ball,remember seeing him walking off the pitch at Turf Moor after a pre-season friendly v Burnley,flat cap on,squeaking out his orders,sort of knew then we would be going nowhere but down.
Without starting an argument on here,can anyone state 100% fact why Coppell left after 33 days ? (IE No rumour/supposition,accusations etc)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.