City's worst player of all time

I've only been following since 2003, but I'm surprised there aren't more shouts for Darius Vassell in here.

I guess he wasn't the worst City player of the past decade technically speaking, but I'll be damned if he wasn't one of the most routinely or consistently disappointing. He would find himself through on goal so often, and eventually I started sitting down and shaking my head -- after the initial excitement of the through ball -- before he made his play. I mean that literally... I would sigh and shake my head before he kicked the ball. I can't remember doing that with a player any time before or since.

I've never seen less confidence in a player. Watching Vassell play football was like watching a father get yelled at in front of his kid. I just felt sorry for him and wanted it to be over.

Having watched us for over 30 yrs there are main contenders for this title
Ones thats spring to mind are
Nigel clough absolute shoit
Adrian Heath
Andy Dibble
Barry Conlon
Christian Negoui

Nigel Clough, worst attitude of any player I have ever seen wearing a city shirt.

Craig Russell, Gerry Creaney, Adrian Heath and Jo, the strikers who dont score.

Tron Coltrane said:
I've only been following since 2003, but I'm surprised there aren't more shouts for Darius Vassell in here.

I guess he wasn't the worst City player of the past decade technically speaking, but I'll be damned if he wasn't one of the most routinely or consistently disappointing. He would find himself through on goal so often, and eventually I started sitting down and shaking my head -- after the initial excitement of the through ball -- before he made his play. I mean that literally... I would sigh and shake my head before he kicked the ball. I can't remember doing that with a player any time before or since.

I've never seen less confidence in a player. Watching Vassell play football was like watching a father get yelled at in front of his kid. I just felt sorry for him and wanted it to be over.

your right mate.

he was bitterly dissapointing.

i fuckin knew he was gonna miss that penalty against the rags.

he must of thought "i'm gonna prove something to these city fans".

i'm shit!

Tron Coltrane said:

your right mate.

he was bitterly dissapointing.

i fuckin knew he was gonna miss that penalty against the rags.

he must of thought "i'm gonna prove something to these city fans".

i'm shit!

88ster said:
manchester-city-gerry-creaney-149-panini-super-players-96-english-premiership-football-sticker-46404-p.jpg
Ha! Weight 10st 10lbs?????? His fat heed maybe weighed that! Useless twunt!

Johnsonontheleft said:
Richard Edghill [/thread]
21 pages before this lad gets a mention....I never understood the shit Edghill got from his own fans....can someone tell me what it was he did to warrant it?

Edghill is Nowhere near the worst niether is Tiatto as someone posted earlier....Robert Hopkins, David Cross, Justin Fashnu, Martin Phillips, Tony Cunningham, Ken McNaught (this fucker won the European Cup) you can go on forever.....but for me it's any of the the squad that got us relegated to the 3rd division, you surely can't look any further than that

-- Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:30 am --

Walkbustaxi said:
Walkbustaxi said:
Slightly off topic but didn't want to start a new thread. While compiling my worst players (not gonna post yet as still too many) I've come across some 'Who?' players that for whatever reason I've never heard of.

Maybe it's just my memory but does anyone remember any of these...

Ken Mcnaught. Played in the 3-1 home loss against Carlisle in the 1984/85 promotion season.

Ronnie Mauge. 1 sub appearance against Sheff Wed away 1991.

Guiseppe Mazzarelli. 2 subs 1996.

Ray Kelly. 1 app Hudd Town Nov 97.

Steve Rimmer. 1 app Mansfield Town Dec 98.
Can't believe I'm quoting myself here but no-one responded. Who are these guys and were they good, bad or just indifferent?
Ken McNaught actually has a European Cup winners medal from his time at Aston Villa, I think he even scored against Barcelona in the European Super Cup, which he also won and he also has a league championship winners medal....fucking frightening he was on loan to us only played a handful of games

Agree with the guy above on Edghill, never understood some of the stick he took.
In a similar way to the poster about Vassell, in terms of pure dissapointment, I just can't look past Wayne Bridge. Again not the worst player we've hard, but just awful, especially when considering the fee. No passion, no desire, couldn't attack, couldn't defend , would rather have had Garrido play every week. Kolarov takes some shit, but my days bridge was a billion times worse

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.