City's worst player of all time

s1ty m said:
jma said:
Yeah, Seaman was piss poor.

On his debut, against Portsmouth, someone punted the ball over the top and Yakubu (think this might have been his debut for them, maybe he signed the Jan before though) thought he'd chase it. The ball ended up on the edge of the six yard box, Seaman started from his goal line, Yakubu started from his own half. Yakubu had a cigar on and still got there first, whilst Seaman was passed by an arthritic snail that was trying to get out of the way. Yakubu stuck it in and, I might be wrong, I'm sure that was a final score one nil to them and a sign of things to come.

Make no mistake, if they didn't sign James later in the season, they were going down. He played a big part in them managing to scrape up.

David Sommeil scored an injury time equaliser. Yakubu's was the first competitive goal scored at The Etihad. Anelka's v Barcelona being the first in any match.

Seaman was crap, but City were not going down that year, not even close mate. They had a good side and only the mystifying the fall out between KK and Berkovic cost as a top 6 place, IMHO. We picked up some great wins that season, not least leathering The Rags 4-1.

They finished 16th and won 2 games between the first day of November and the beginning of May.

There was a point during an away game at Leicester when I was convinced they were going down.

James saved a penalty that day, unless my mind is playing tricks, and made loads of quality save from Jan onwards. Seaman couldn't save anything and I am convinced they would have been relegated if he had played every game.

Steve Daley [can't believe no one's mentioned him]

I don't remember McNaught playing for us at all.

Another player we signed but played very few times was Chris Jones from Spurs, circa '82

Anyone remember Gary Jackson? Played literally a couple of games one of which was rags away, 81 or 82.

Cool thread, lots of forgotten horrors!

I go back 45yrs - but JO is without doubt THE worst 'footballer' i've ever seen................and not just at City.

and the winner is.................

a toss up between 2 centre backs.

david sommeil or tal ben hjaim. (or whatever his shit name is)

both had multi million pound contracts to die for.

oh my fuckin god!

i was bang into my dream teams at the time and i picked the isralie (anything to do with him i can't spell!) as a cheap centre back in my team.

a full season went by and he never got more than a 5, religiously, week in week out.

i nearly fuckin died went hughes or whoever went in for him.

if only they would of had him in their dream team.

the **** wouldn't of ever been mentioned in this thread.

manchester-city-gerry-creaney-149-panini-super-players-96-english-premiership-football-sticker-46404-p.jpg

Mike D said:
Crocky Santa Cruz hands down £16 mil you just couldn't make it up.

This, plus Tal Ben Haim and Jo.

I know we've had some terrible signings in the past but looking at the cost of some of Hughes signings make me cringe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.