CityTicketX

tomhawley said:
The thing with Viagogo is that it is always up to the city fan what they charge is it not?

Or is there Viagogo fees and extras on top?

The admin fee alone for a family adds upto the same price as an adult ticket, it's absolutely ridiculous. I'm not a season ticket holder and it's otherwise going to be my only way to see a game that is going to sellout.

The Everton game cost me 250+ quid the other week for 4 of us and a young one!! Won't be doing it again.

Still don't know why the club don't just do what Barcelona did and start their own exchange where ST holders get a discount on their renewal based on how many games they made their seat available on the exchange.

I went to the Nou Camp last year and got 2 decent tickets for 50 quid TOTAL.

That way the club instantly makes even more money on reselling the seat at face value and it's fair for every party and no stupid fees!

It also guarantees the stadium will be completely full which thanks to this stupid site we are associated with, it's no different.

Get the message. Certain parts of the club (and unfortunately it is the part that deals with the finances and therefore affects the fans the most) have got nothing but contempt for long standing City fans, viewing them purely as a cash cow from which they aim to milk every single penny possible in order to make themselves look good (whilst making barely a dent in the wage bill and the costs the club incurs).

That's why they are actively opening it up to get more tourists at the biggest and best games. They will be happy to have even more pounds squeezed out of them so, for the people at the club I am referring to, they are 'better' fans.

I'm 100% positive that the club would rather keep the fan-run exchange. But they have a legal obligation to shut it down. They have a contract with Viagogo, and the Twitter account clashes with this massively. It will keep getting shut down unfortunately, this won't end well.

For the good of the club's image I hope they terminate the agreement with Viagogo ASAP. United did after years of using it, their fans despised Viagogo too and it doesn't seem to be working that well for us as a lot of their overpriced tickets fail to sell.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
But they have a legal obligation to shut it down..
Exactly what legal obligation; a desire may be. Can't be anything to do with transfer of the ticket as that would make via.no.no illegal.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
I'm 100% positive that the club would rather keep the fan-run exchange. But they have a legal obligation to shut it down. They have a contract with Viagogo, and the Twitter account clashes with this massively. It will keep getting shut down unfortunately, this won't end well.
it should end with the club fucking viagogo and their contract off, even pay them off if needs be

It's a shame City won't run something like this In House as it were. i.e. You contact City to let them know you can't get there and they give you the equivalent of your Seasoncard price back before selling the seat to someone at the price they'd normally charge per match. There's inevitably reasons why they won't do this but it's a nice idea.

SeatExchange were truly awful. I used them twice, got one sale and their service was really poor.

surprised there hasnt been more of an outcry about this, its disgusting and for the first time im ashamed of the club. its a great system, got one for ajax through it. through viagogo i probably would have paid double. sort it out city, we're becoming what we've hated about united - it isnt right, it isnt us.

I hope City bring this in-house one day, but it must be more cost effective to run it with Viagogo and most likely have contractual obligations for stuff like this sadly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.