CityTicketX

Does anyone know of any Clubs who do offer something like this as an In House service? This is something that could be raised to City during a Fan liaision meeting.

blue b4 the moon said:
Could be done in-house with perhaps a price of minus £2 on the price for the seller and an additional £2 for the buyer. £4 per ticket should be plenty to employ 1/2 people to run it.
The season card holder should just get the cost of his season ticket/19 (i.e., £31 for a £600 season ticket). The club can then sell it at whatever the face value is for that ticket (i.e. £40). There's more than enough profit in that for the club to cover their costs if they bring it in-house.

Dubai Blue said:
blue b4 the moon said:
Could be done in-house with perhaps a price of minus £2 on the price for the seller and an additional £2 for the buyer. £4 per ticket should be plenty to employ 1/2 people to run it.
The season card holder should just get the cost of his season ticket/19 (i.e., £31 for a £600 season ticket). The club can then sell it at whatever the face value is for that ticket (i.e. £40). There's more than enough profit in that for the club to cover their costs if they bring it in-house.

It cannot work out as they are not 19 for x cost of card.
A season card has,cat a b c games.
If this happened City would end up with no tickets on Derby day and the other big ones, people would sell them elsewhere and 1000's Reading tickets and cat c they cannot shift.
Look on here for example.

skiddypants said:
Dubai Blue said:

If this happened City would end up with no tickets on Derby day and the other big ones, people would sell them elsewhere and 1000's Reading tickets and cat c they cannot shift.

I can see the logic behind both schools of thought but Reading yesterday was pretty much full in the home sections. Seasoncard holders still either turned up or passed the card on to a friend or relative. However, it'd still be useful to have a fair option to sell your seat on for matches you just can't get to.

Viagogo isn't the right way for City fans to give seats up. They charge too much for their service.

peoffrey said:
skiddypants said:
Dubai Blue said:

I can see the logic behind both schools of thought but Reading yesterday was pretty much full in the home sections. Seasoncard holders still either turned up or passed the card on to a friend or relative. However, it'd still be useful to have a fair option to sell your seat on for matches you just can't get to.

Viagogo isn't the right way for City fans to give seats up. They charge too much for their service.

It wasn't full at all.

We estimated the crowd at around 43k looking from East level 3.

skiddypants said:
Dubai Blue said:
blue b4 the moon said:

A mate has 2 empty SC seats next to him, this is the 3rd season that they have not been used by anyone for a single league game (not sure about cup matches). He's checked and rechecked with the ticket office and they say yes, they are seats held by SC holders. Now this is probably someone who has gone abroad for a couple of years or also have a box (they can afford the seats as they are not selling them on).

I agree with SC cost/19 then weighted for the game category, it might work out easier if it was a percentage of the matchday price as this takes the weighting into account. One issue not mentioned is do they limit the number of times a ticket can be resold? I'm sitting on the fence regarding this. I've had to give my Season Ticket up twice in my adult life due to working too far away and no incentive to keep it (no points in those days, blue mates could easily get ST, getting someone to commit to go every home game). Nowadays, say if someone had a contract for a couple of years they would be inclined to keep it and get a mate to use it whilst they are away so that you don't go back on the waiting list and keep/ build up points.

I've not got my head round it but I want people who have been fans for years to be able to retain their SC if they have to work away but also discourage people from hanging on to them who are not interested in going again or seeking to profiteer by reselling through official channels or touting. (Bloke used to come to where I worked to 'sell on' SC seats at the swamp to people he had contacts with, as he had to get the cards back and this probably happens at the Etihad as well).

Bilboblue said:
peoffrey said:

It wasn't full at all.

We estimated the crowd at around 43k looking from East level 3.

The match was sold out for City fans and Reading didn't fill their end.<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:35 pm --<br /><br />
Carver said:
A mate has 2 empty SC seats next to him, this is the 3rd season that they have not been used by anyone for a single league game (not sure about cup matches). He's checked and rechecked with the ticket office and they say yes, they are seats held by SC holders. Now this is probably someone who has gone abroad for a couple of years or also have a box (they can afford the seats as they are not selling them on).

Could it be that the people who own them just go and stand in one of the vocal / popular areas like 111 or 116?

prestwichblue92 said:
tomhawley said:
The thing with Viagogo is that it is always up to the city fan what they charge is it not?

Or is there Viagogo fees and extras on top?

There's up to a 28£ admin fee with viagogo. And personally, blues profiteering from other blues is wrong.

BUT.....this year alone through injury I've missed home games and for the, lets call them class b / c games I can't get rid of my ticket. However come derby time every fucker wants one. That annoys the shit out of me. Why should those that can only be added for the big games get my derby ticket at 28quid or whatever it works out per ST game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.