CityTicketX

I have listed a ticket on Viagogo 4 times this season due to various weddings etc that have meant I would miss the games.
I have sold 1 ticket for Swansea, 3 unsold for QPR, Everton and Reading.
Listing my ticket for the Reading game I was forced to place the ticket for sale at £36 (EL3 308 row A) which was the lowest price I could. On top of this any potential buyer had to pay around £10 in fees bringing the total amount payable to £46. I thought to myself 'no chance' is anyone paying that.
Now I appreciate that as the game hadn't sold out, MCFC would hardly allow an official ticket partner to have tickets available for a lower price than the box office. But one of the perks of a Platinum membership is supposedly being able to use Viagogo to sell tickets. Hardly appealing to buyers when they have to pay £10 fees and not very appealable to sellers who I suspect in many a cases, just want to sell their ticket for no more than face value and at least know their seat will be used.

As it turns out, I used the unofficial exchange and arranged to sell my ticket for £25. I used twitter to arrange a meet with a fellow City fan at Stockport train station who travelled up from Euston on Friday morning. When I met this fan, he revealed he actually lives in Japan and was back in the country for the 1st time in 4 years, so he was thrilled to get a ticket for a very fair price. He returned my season card to my mate who was in the adjacent seat and text me to say how grateful he was and how much he enjoyed the game (probably more so the result).

A much better way to sell a ticket in my eyes and very pleased to help out a fan who has obviously not been to a game in a while. Hopefully this can be sorted out as I would certainly use this method over Viagogo every time.

Great post Smevchenko...

Viagogo is shit. overpriced and shit.

I want a ticket exchange system, a non-profit one could easily be done by the club, except it's profit before the supporters.

Viagogo is the DEVIL!

Tickets overpriced but there is another problem, when you purchase a ticket on Viagogo YOU DON'T KNOW WHO IS SELLING IT TO YOU, which is understandable in terms of privacy, etc ... BUT how do we know if that ticket on sale is sold by a season card holder or by someone else?

Example, derby or any other big match which is gonna sold out, the club can simply avoid to put a couple of hundreds tickets on normal / general sale (by knowing it will be an hot ticket and people will everything to get ticks) and put them through via Viagogo.. noone will find out ... .. and they will make some extra profits ...

A good read about Viagogo vs The Rugby Footbal Union: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.taylorwessing.com/news-insights/details/ticket-resale-website-must-disclose-identity-of-anonymous-sellers-2012-11-23.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.taylorwessing.com/news-insig ... 11-23.html</a>

alberto0292 said:
Viagogo is the DEVIL!

Tickets overpriced but there is another problem, when you purchase a ticket on Viagogo YOU DON'T KNOW WHO IS SELLING IT TO YOU, which is understandable in terms of privacy, etc ... BUT how do we know if that ticket on sale is sold by a season card holder or by someone else?

Example, derby or any other big match which is gonna sold out, the club can simply avoid to put a couple of hundreds tickets on normal / general sale (by knowing it will be an hot ticket and people will everything to get ticks) and put them through via Viagogo.. noone will find out ... .. and they will make some extra profits ...
Only platinum season ticket holders can sell their tickets as far as I know

I have just put up my ticket for the Wigan game for sale due to a wedding on viagogo

Not used it before - can someone advise what actually happens should it sell - i.e. do I have to post my ticket somewhere or does some duplicate ticket for the day get supplied at the club?

Thanks in advance

mcfc1632 said:
I have just put up my ticket for the Wigan game for sale due to a wedding on viagogo

Not used it before - can someone advise what actually happens should it sell - i.e. do I have to post my ticket somewhere or does some duplicate ticket for the day get supplied at the club?

Thanks in advance
You dont do anything mate Viagogo will email you if someone buys it

mcfc1632 said:

Thanks in advance
The persons card is activated for the game your card is cancelled for the game in question, oh and the fan is ripped off royal down the line

mcfc1632 said:

Thanks in advance

The club cancels your card for that match and activates the membership card of the buyer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.