Cityzens Prices Confirmed

Re: Cityzen Prices Confirmed

JGL07 said:
80s Shorts said:
CtidBlueMooner said:
£25 and £20 for Juniors last season

and the season before I paid £10 I think.

I am not going to moan about it, I just will not buy one.

It may encourage some to go the season ticket route even if they are unable to attend 50% of the games.

You would have had to pay a further sum (£20?) for match ticket priority two seasons ago.

I think it was £10 add onfor MTP and £10 for the electronic programme etc added on to your £10 bluecard.

blueparrot said:
gmckennasell said:
Marvin said:
Do you need to be a Cityzen to buy tickets?

No! So if you don't like it, don't join it. You're not being forced to pay anything

if you dont buy a cityzen card , you wont get in a premier league game , they hardly ever go on open sale , so you do have to buy one ,Plus you need to amass loyalty points for major finals etc. So no one is being "forced" to buy anything , but if you have supported the club for years , it matters , and £35 to pay for the privilege of purchasing tickets is not a fair amount , £10 would easily cover the cost of the card , postage and day to day servicing of the membership.

That.s not true quite a few premier league games go on open sale, the exceptions being the top 4, the derby and the last game of the season. In fact a fair few teams return away tickets which go on open sale a couple of weeks before the games.

we need 4 to 5 tickets together , and when they go on open sale you cannot get them , the blue card gives you a chance to get seats together , no doubt if you are billy no mates and just want one ticket , it would be fine to wait for the tickets to go on open sale

Well, I'll probably get pelted for this, but I'm going to say it anyway. Sorry, but I'm not shocked.
Thing is, we may not see it like this — in fact we certainly don't — but the hard fact is, in this world of modern football, you're paying for a product. The club look at where we're at now, and I can easily imagine the number crunchers in the back room saying to themselves, well, we've won the league two times in three seasons. In the last four seasons, we've won the FA Cup, the League Cup, and those two Premierships. And all this playing the finest football I personally have seen from any City side (and for what it's worth, I attended my first match at Maine Rd in January 1968). In view of all this, and in view of the fact that the Chelseas and Arsenals charge their fans one hell of a sight more, for winning a hell of a sight less (and in Chelsea's case, playing some pretty joyless football into the bargain), I ask myself, Do I mind paying the extra £10? In fact, not at all. I expected prices to go up, somewhat. I honestly don't think this hike is shocking or exploitative. I'm on the waiting list for the season ticket, hopefully for next season when the stands are extended, and you know what? £30 or thereabouts to see the finest football in the land, per match? Yup. I think it's still a pretty good deal. We are a long, long way from when I used to go in through the shoolboys' entrance on the Kippax and pay half a crown (that dates me, doesn't it?) for the privilege of seeing the likes of Young, Bell, Doyle. And we ain't going back there. Those days, much as I treasure them, are long gone.
Now I'm very aware that some people, good blues, been supporters for years, even decades, are very tight financially, and I feel for them. But short of there being a means test, which obviously nobody would stand for (and I'm not a hedge fund manager myself, by the way, if anyone's wondering), I don't really see what can be done. I would hope that this card will stay at this price for at least a couple of seasons.
By the way, hate the name of the new card. It's just gimmicky salesspeak. Or something.
If I have anything to criticise, it's the huge variations for the price of the seat from one match to the next. As a Blue member, I paid £60 for the Villa game, in the East stand, second level. I thought it was a bit steep, given the opposition. But perhaps it was determined by the occasion. And did I regret being there, when all's said and done? Well, you know the answer…

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
Well, I'll probably get pelted for this, but I'm going to say it anyway. Sorry, but I'm not shocked.
Thing is, we may not see it like this — in fact we certainly don't — but the hard fact is, in this world of modern football, you're paying for a product. The club look at where we're at now, and I can easily imagine the number crunchers in the back room saying to themselves, well, we've won the league two times in three seasons. In the last four seasons, we've won the FA Cup, the League Cup, and those two Premierships. And all this playing the finest football I personally have seen from any City side (and for what it's worth, I attended my first match at Maine Rd in January 1968). In view of all this, and in view of the fact that the Chelseas and Arsenals charge their fans one hell of a sight more, for winning a hell of a sight less (and in Chelsea's case, playing some pretty joyless football into the bargain), I ask myself, Do I mind paying the extra £10? In fact, not at all. I expected prices to go up, somewhat. I honestly don't think this hike is shocking or exploitative. I'm on the waiting list for the season ticket, hopefully for next season when the stands are extended, and you know what? £30 or thereabouts to see the finest football in the land, per match? Yup. I think it's still a pretty good deal. We are a long, long way from when I used to go in through the shoolboys' entrance on the Kippax and pay half a crown (that dates me, doesn't it?) for the privilege of seeing the likes of Young, Bell, Doyle. And we ain't going back there. Those days, much as I treasure them, are long gone.
Now I'm very aware that some people, good blues, been supporters for years, even decades, are very tight financially, and I feel for them. But short of there being a means test, which obviously nobody would stand for (and I'm not a hedge fund manager myself, by the way, if anyone's wondering), I don't really see what can be done. I would hope that this card will stay at this price for at least a couple of seasons.
By the way, hate the name of the new card. It's just gimmicky salesspeak. Or something.
If I have anything to criticise, it's the huge variations for the price of the seat from one match to the next. As a Blue member, I paid £60 for the Villa game, in the East stand, second level. I thought it was a bit steep, given the opposition. But perhaps it was determined by the occasion. And did I regret being there, when all's said and done? Well, you know the answer…

Well said my fellow blue agree with everything. And the name of the card is hideous but hey ho.. It's the price of success one thing I do like is ur able to print a picture onto ur new card.

Just done mine;

DXwOZfh.png

Nice little sting in the tail; £5 postage on top. Five fucking pounds!!

You don't want it, don't buy it

You don't need it t get tickets. All the League games sell out, but not until a week before Kick Off.

Marvin said:

You don't need it t get tickets. All the League games sell out, but not until a week before Kick Off.
At what point do you draw the line? There will always be people willing to pay more to jump on board a successful side. What if it goes up to £100 next year, or £200. Your "if you don't want it don't buy it" mantra remains true, but I think all supporters should be able to think beyond that and see that long term supporters are falling by the wayside.

People (including yourself if I'm not mistaken) are already complaining about the change innthe match day crowds and atmosphere.

moomba said:
Marvin said:

At what point do you draw the line? There will always be people willing to pay more to jump on board a successful side. What if it goes up to £100 next year, or £200. Your "if you don't want it don't buy it" mantra remains true, but I think all supporters should be able to think beyond that and see that long term supporters are falling by the wayside.

People (including yourself if I'm not mistaken) are already complaining about the change innthe match day crowds and atmosphere.
I am bothered about the crowds and atmosphere

I'm not bothered about City memberships. We've had them in one shae or form for quite some while, and they keep getting tweaked. Bluemoon is a City membership of a form.

But as long as there's an Access Card or something similar that's free, or costing a nominal £10 or so, I don't see an issue.......providing you can still accrue points. Some people have to give up seasoncards for legitimate reasons eg work, children etc, and they should be able to transfer their points onto an "Access" card without being forced to pay £35 for Cityzen membership. Providing you can do that, then who cares?

don't think City are that crass and stupid to bite off the supporters hands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.